• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Overcrowded AssMRT Tracks & Brakes Worn Out Woh

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 26 Jul, 2009 14:07
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>SMRT should provide more handles to stop ugly commuter behaviour

There is a simple solution to the problem of crowding in trains caused by commuters who refuse to move inwards, says a STOMPer. He suggests adding handle bars to improve the quality of the train ride for this.

Currently, train rides are too jerky and many passengers are afraid of standing further in the cabin because there are very few overhead handles to hold on to.

Inspired by the handle bars he saw in Thailand, the STOMPer says:

“Few want to move further in when standing in the MRT cabins. This is probably due to lack of overhead handles to stabilise themselves with.

“I remember when the MRT first started, the braking and accelerations were gentle but now it is very jerky.

“It used to be unnoticeable when the train was changing tracks but now, it is always obvious.

“I saw these handle bars in the Bangkok trains and during the peak hour, people do move further inside.

“SMRT can pick up this good idea and stop blaming the commuters.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Inspired by the handle bars he saw in Thailand, the STOMPer says:

Another good idea from the HK & LOS MRT system is to increase the frequency.

Somehow I don't think the SMRT/SBS is open to that idea. As it will hit their profit margins :rolleyes:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another good idea (which SMRTwill never adopt) is to learn from the Chinese: Flat rate of RMB2.00 irregardless of the number of stops!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah the Canadian system is even better.

Of course the Canadian System is better than the Spore system. I'm trying to be fair by comparing Spore to other THIRD world systems. :smile:

The Canadian system has a single fare with free transfers if you need to switch to a bus/train to complete a trip. They have schedules which the buses actually keep. The last train/train runs later than the Spore system. They actually have monthly passes which allow people people unlimited travel. They have buses on standby to handle passenger overflows or breakdowns(each bus has a radio) . You even have free hours to encourage usage on weekends :eek: