• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Outraged that NDP song is not made in S'pore but ripped off from Lady Gaga

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
outraged_that_ndp_song_is_not_made_in_spore_but_ripped_off-thumbnail.jpg

A new National Day Parade song 'The Fun Pack', set to the tune of Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance', is raising the hackles of STOMPers.

STOMPer Misstangguo feels that it is "humiliating and disgraceful" to adapt other songs for National Day, while STOMPer takemehome thinks that lines like 'I want a biscuit and I want a sweet' are cheesy and childish.

STOMPer Misstangguo wrote:

"Many are upset that this song can be approved for NDP.

"In the past, no matter how bad the song, it's still made in Singapore.

"This year, it is just a disgrace, especially since this is uploaded on the internet.

"People from other countries will see how 'original' we are.

"Many like myself feel that this is humiliating and disgraceful."

STOMPer takemehome said:

"My friend who attended one of the NDP 2011 combined rehearsals was horrifed by the childish lyrics of this song, which included lines like 'I want a biscuit and I want a sweet, you and me, let's share this treat'.

"This song, titled 'The Fun Pack' song, takes after some lyrics and the tune of Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance'.

"To date it has received quite a bit of flak, and I personally think the lyrics are cheesy and uncreative.

"According to my friend, similar negative sentiments were echoed amongst the crowds even as the 'cheer officials' tried their hardest to rouse everyone.

"Judging by the sheer amount of dislikes on the youtube video and the comments, some of which bordered on disgust: 'Yucks, the NDP committee has hit a new all-time low' and even 'I hope whoever was in charge of the song choices gets the sack, seriously. The songs don't have a single thing that is related to Singapore.'

"I guess this shows that even as the quality and scale of each year's NDP improves, much more could be done about the new NDP songs.

"I too wonder, how come they don't write stuff like 'Home' anymore?"

<object width=455 height=369><param name=allowScriptAccess value=always /><param name=allowFullScreen value=true /><param name=movie value=http://www.lepak.tv/includes/common/flv_player/flv_player.swf /><param name=flashvars value='pf=http://www.lepak.tv/includes/common/flv_player/pf.xml.php?vid=111907'><embed src=http://www.lepak.tv/includes/common/flv_player/flv_player.swf width=455 height=369 allowScriptAccess=always allowFullScreen=true type=application/x-shockwave-flash flashvars='pf=http://www.lepak.tv/includes/common/flv_player/pf.xml.php?vid=111907' /></object>

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. what can we expect from some toy soldiers running the ultra boring event year after year?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...STOMPer Misstangguo feels that it is "humiliating and disgraceful" to adapt other songs for National Day ...
gahmen oways n oni tinks angmo is bestest! ... gahmen noes bestest! ... wat u noe, u misstangguo! ... :rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is what happen when you let a bunch of ball-licking sinkies to run a country. You copy everything. wahahhahahah.....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This song reveals the shallowness of sinkies... oh my.. it is at the dangerous level. They only care about fun-pack.. wahhahahahhahahah.....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
introduce New Age song to NDP.. wahhahahahaha

i guess they do not understand new age....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
let me tell you what will happen.

All those RC ball-licking losers will wave the flag obediently while those who are awake ones will fly off during that period to avoid shame and disgrace.

Wahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
After having such election results... U must know that NDP is now running on tight budget so use copycat music & simple words... No need Dick Lee to compose songs any more!

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here are the cheesy and childish lyrics:

The Fun Pack Song (to the tune of Bad Romance)

Oh o o o o o o o o
Time for the fun pack song
Oh o o o o o o o o
We like the fun pack song

Let's start with the bag
That's right, grab your bag
It's the fun pack bag
Attack the fun pack

(REPEAT)

Hold up your flag, don't you forget
You can wave it if you feel like it
Let's wave the flag
Wave wave wave
Let's wave the flag
Take out your light stick, it's two of a kind
It's interactive, means you can join
Just pretend
Oh oh oh... It's a disco

(SPOKEN)

You know that I want you
And you know that I need you
I want a wet, wet tissue

I want Newater and I want a cold drink
You and me, let's share a bit
I want a biscuit and I want a sweet
You and me, let's share this treat

Kopi-O o o o o o o o o
Kopi-O o o o o o o o o

Let's start with the bag
It's the fun pack bag
Attack the fun pack

Kopi-O o o o o o o o o
Kopi-O o o o o o o o o

Let's start with the bag
It's the fun pack bag
Attack the fun pack!

Towards the end, one of the female host said: "Good job Singapore" Yes, good job Singapore for this cheesy ripoff. Apparently, according to the Straits Times, the organisers do not have rights to modify the lyrics of the song, and they have taken it out of the programme. First it was the JJ Lin's YOG song, and now this. What a disgrace!

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Here is the lyrics:

The Fun Pack Song (to the tune of Bad Romance)

Oh o o o o o o o o
Oh o o o o o o o o

Let's start with the bag
It's the fun pack bag
Attack the fun pack

(REPEAT)

Hold up your flag, don't you forget
You can wave it if you feel like it
Let's wave the flag
Wave wave wave
Let's wave the flag
Take out your light stick, it's two of a kind
It's interactive, means you can join
Just pretend
Oh oh oh... It's a disco

(SPOKEN)

You know that I want you
And you know that I need you
I want a wet, wet tissue

Kopi-O o o o o o o o o
Kopi-O o o o o o o o o

Let's start with the bag
It's the fun pack bag
Attack the fun pack

Kopi-O o o o o o o o o
Kopi-O o o o o o o o o

Let's start with the bag
It's the fun pack bag
Attack the fun pack!

Towards the end, one of the female host said: "Good job Singapore" Yes, good job Singapore for this cheesy ripoff. Apparently, according to the Straits Times, the organisers do not have rights to modify the lyrics of the song, and they have taken it out of the programme. First it was the JJ Lin's YOG song, and now this. What a disgrace!

oh really, they have taken it out???? wahhahahahah... they are afraid more people fly off during that low class NDP show?

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
A president scholar and yet Col Ong don't even know the difference between the right to publicly play a song and the right to modify a song. With such senior officers in the SAF, I worry for Singapore.

tze-ch-in-ong.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_687700.html

Video: Lady Gaga Bad Romance rip-off yanked
NDP organisers did not have the rights to modify lyrics

The clip of last Saturday's performance of the Fun Pack Song, which modifies the lyrics of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, has gone viral and been panned by netizens on YouTube.

THE National Day Parade (NDP) organisers are in a bit of a fix after they modified the lyrics of a Lady Gaga hit to create a song about the parade's goodie bag.

They performed the ditty, called the Fun Pack Song, once at last Saturday's rehearsal for the parade, and had planned to repeat it for the pre-parade segment on Aug 9.

The clip of the performance of the song, which modifies the lyrics of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, has gone viral and been panned by netizens on YouTube.

Last night, the parade organisers said they had secured the public performance permit for a series of songs, including that hit.

'But we did not realise that the rights obtained did not include rights to modify the lyrics of the song. We are currently working to rectify this,' said the chairman of the NDP show segment, Colonel Ong Tze-Ch'in, in a statement last night.

He did not specify the kind of rectification to be made, but it is understood that the Fun Pack Song will not be performed until a go-ahead is obtained from the publisher of the song and Lady Gaga's recording company.

Last edited: