• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Out of 365 patients treated, 16 die

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changi hospital can treat heart attack patients

I REFER to last Friday's letter by Professor Lee Wei Ling, 'Heart-attack care: Transparency the best policy'.

When someone has a heart attack, it is crucial to seek treatment as quickly as possible. Delay in treatment can decrease chances of survival.

Hence, it is important that anyone with a suspected heart attack is attended to as soon as possible by trained medical personnel. Patients should visit the nearest emergency room to be appropriately diagnosed and the correct treatment initiated.

We thank Prof Lee and her friend for highlighting feedback from other doctors, but would like to assure them and the public that Changi General Hospital is capable of treating acute myocardial infarction (AMI) patients.

Last year, we treated 365 patients with urgent percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA). The in-hospital mortality rate of this group of patients is 4.4 per cent. This is comparable to the reported in-hospital mortality rate of 4.55 per cent in the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction in the United States.

We would be happy to meet Prof Lee's friend to update her on our care. She can call us on 6850-2731.

T.K. Udairam
Chief Executive Officer
Changi General Hospital

Welcome to our WORLD CRASS HEALTCARE SYSTEM!!

I'm surprised that no one has highlighted this yet.

A mortality rate of 4.4%...do you know how many death that translates to? Out of every 365 patients that was trated at Changi Hospital, 16 patients die.

I don't know about you guys, but that's an awful lot of deaths to me. 16 people is almost half a classroom full of students. Out of every 9 classrooms, half a class of patients die.

And isn't it surprising, why did they chose to compare it to the mortality rate in the United States? What's the mortality rate like in other Singapore hospitals, especially SGH and NUH? Why not compare with those?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&msg=6019.6

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah....... please read up more on the meaning of mortality rate, and what it encompasses. Dun put up such moronic comments to quote out of context.

Welcome to our WORLD CRASS HEALTCARE SYSTEM!!

I'm surprised that no one has highlighted this yet.

A mortality rate of 4.4%...do you know how many death that translates to? Out of every 365 patients that was trated at Changi Hospital, 16 patients die.

I don't know about you guys, but that's an awful lot of deaths to me. 16 people is almost half a classroom full of students. Out of every 9 classrooms, half a class of patients die.

And isn't it surprising, why did they chose to compare it to the mortality rate in the United States? What's the mortality rate like in other Singapore hospitals, especially SGH and NUH? Why not compare with those?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&msg=6019.6

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
why i screwed ur lumpar buddha u behsong is it?

buddha ur father? u take it so personally?

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
maggotz.jpg
maggotz.jpg