• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opted for NTU and proud of it - SILLY!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Nov 9, 2008
YOUR LETTER
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Opted for NTU and proud of it
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I refer to last Sunday's article, 'NUS versus NTU: Looking beyond the rankings'.
I am currently pursuing a degree in accountancy at the Nanyang Business School (NBS) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Like many of my course mates, I had rejected a place at the National University of Singapore Business School.
It was not NTU's international university ranking that attracted me. I chose NTU as it allows me to graduate with an honours degree in accountancy in three years, instead of four years at other universities here.
Despite the heavier workload, all of us at NBS believe the time saved is worth it.
I agree with NTU provost Bertil Andersson that it is inadequate to assess universities on only certain parameters.
When the various schools within NTU are evaluated individually, many are performing better than those in other local universities. For instance, NBS is the only business school in Singapore that has gained accreditations from both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and European Quality Improvement System.
Although I have been at the university for only four months, I am already enjoying myself. I am proud of NTU and will never regret my choice.
Lex Lim

jw5

Loyal
Has anyone told him that he shares the same name as Superman's enemy?