• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opt-Out System

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the Health Ministry introduce Opt-out system for Human Organ Donation Act, they also presented SingTel an idea in making quick profit.

Case told my paper that opt-out policies will probably be classified as an unfair practice under an amended regulation in the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act.

The Ministry of Trade and Industry is in the process of reviewing the act.

In a meeting a few months ago, Case had told SingTel that opt-out promotions were 'not acceptable'.

This was after Case found out that SingTel intended to launch its Colour-Me-Tones promotion later in the year.

'In fact, SingTel agreed with Case not to proceed with such a questionable method of promoting their service,' said Mr Seah Seng Choon, executive director of Case.

He added: 'The consumer should be given the right to say whether he wants to use the new service.

'Silence cannot be allowed to mean that the consumer is deemed to agree under a business contract.'

In the event that the consumer is charged, Mr Seah said he 'should not pay as he has not consented to be charged for such a service. On the other hand, the business should not charge if consumers have not opted for the service'.

So is Opt-out or Opt-in system right?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The sinkie govt should not do the opt out for organ donation.

Citizens should be consulted first if they are willing to donate and not agree to it when they are not consented.

That is what sinkie vote for, they deserve it anyway.

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sinkie govt should not do the opt out for organ donation.

Citizens should be consulted first if they are willing to donate and not agree to it when they are not consented.

That is what sinkie vote for, they deserve it anyway.

Sure, sinkie deserve it as it vote for gov..... not like the fucking thais that what ever changes , they still get a corrupt gov...:biggrin:..

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have given away my organ to olf folks home. It is yamaha brand. I am getting a piano this coming christmas. Do i have to opt out as well

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have given away my organ to olf folks home ... I am getting a piano this coming christmas. ...
y u gave ur organ away? ... n den wen 2 buy a piano? ...

u rather gif a piano than n organ 2 ur wife? ... :confused:

my downstairs kopitiam ah peks tol me ...

foolish man gifs wife grand piano, wise man gifs wife uprite organ ...

:biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
China’s hi-tech ‘death van’ where criminals are executed and then their organs are sold on black market

Andrew Malone
UK Daily Mail
Saturday, March 28, 2009

Death will come soon for Jiang Yong. A corrupt local planning official with a taste for the high life, Yong solicited money from businessmen eager to expand in China’s economic boom.

Showering gifts on his mistress, known as Madam Tang, the unmarried official took more than £1 million in bribes from entrepreneurs wanting permission to build skyscrapers on land which had previously been protected from development.
article-0-04220B97000005DC-153_468x363.jpg

But Yong, a portly, bespectacled figure, was caught by the Chinese authorities during a purge on corrupt local officials last year.

He confessed and was sentenced to death. China executed 1,715 people last year, so one more death would hardly be remarkable.

Disguised: The execution vehicle looks like a normal police van

But there will be nothing ordinary about Yong’s death by lethal injection. Unless he wins an appeal, he will draw his final breath strapped inside a vehicle that has been specially developed to make executions more cost-effective and efficient.

In chilling echoes of the ‘gas-wagon’ project pioneered by the Nazis to slaughter criminals, the mentally ill and Jews, this former member of the China People’s Party will be handcuffed to a so-called ‘humane’ bed and executed inside a gleaming new, hi-tech, mobile ‘death van.’

After trials of the mobile execution service were launched quietly three years ago - then hushed up to prevent an international row about the abuse of human rights before the Olympics last summer - these vehicles are now being deployed across China.

The number of executions is expected to rise to a staggering 10,000 people this year (not an impossible figure given that at least 68 crimes - including tax evasion and fraud - are punishable by death in China).

Developed by Jinguan Auto, which also makes bullet-proof limousines for the new rich in this vast country of 1.3 billion people, the vans appear unremarkable.

They cost £60,000, can reach top speeds of 80mph and look like a police vehicle on patrol. Inside, however, the ‘death vans’ look more like operating theatres.