• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only in Taiwan, no $$$ for wedding diner Ang Pao! put an IOU note inside instead! Taiwan BANKRUPTED BEGGAR REALITY!

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tw.news.yahoo.com/朋友紅包只塞-張紙-網大讚-真兄弟-053519063.html

朋友紅包只塞一張紙!網卻讚:真兄弟

三立新聞網 setn.com

28.1k 人追蹤

三立新聞網
2019年4月27日 下午3:55

生活中心/綜合報導
到了一定年紀後就會陸續收到紅色炸彈,禮金的多寡更是考驗友誼,太多傷錢包、太少又傷感情。一名網友在臉書貼出照片,只見照片中的紅包裡竟然不是錢,而是一張「小紙條」,上頭先向兄弟表示最近手頭實在太緊,不夠錢包禮金,但是「此字條可抵值1200元,等我結婚時也可拿來做抵用券」,讓新郎看了簡直哭笑不得。
723a47614c2cbf143c6f6bedd4142dbe

檢視相片
▲結婚禮金要包多少,全都有講究。(圖/資料照)
一名網友在臉書社團「爆廢公社二館」發文,詢問大家有沒有收過這樣的紅包?只見紅包裡裝著的是一張小紙條,上面寫著「兄弟,首先恭喜你新婚快樂!最近實在手頭太緊,湊不齊禮金,在此給你打一條子」,紙條的結尾還寫說「此字條可抵值1200元,等我結婚時也可拿來抵用」,能折現也能折抵,看起來非常「划算」。
8878ffbf573b798745d135574856b85c

檢視相片
▲不少網友認為「可以接受」。(圖/翻攝自爆廢公社二館)
有些人看到紙條會傻眼又沒誠意,但也有不少網友表示贊同,「我覺得也算認真誠意欸,可能他真的很低迷辛苦」、「我覺得兄弟的話可以啊」、「我覺得可以啊,有心意就好」、「至少他還有心寫這張紙條」、「兄弟這名頭就不止1200元了」、「朋友敢這樣做就是真的有困難」、「總比有些人把婚禮當斂財一樣好多了」、「我覺得沒差,本來就不是靠婚宴賺錢,我反而會希望朋友不要因為手頭緊缺席我的婚禮」,又因為紙條是簡體字,也有網友分析應該是1200元人民幣(約新台幣5500元),覺得對方很有心了。(編輯:周羿彣)
更多三立新聞網報導
恐怖慎入!他遭上千寄生蟲「鑽腦」狂啃…頭殼破洞露出大腦

Friends red envelopes only stuff a piece of paper! Net but praise: true brother
[三立新闻网 setn.com]
Sanli News Network setn.com

28.1k person tracking

Sanli News Net
April 27, 2019, 3:55 PM

Life Center / Comprehensive Report

After a certain age, they will receive red bombs one after another. The amount of gifts is a test of friendship, too much damage to the wallet, too little and hurt feelings. A netizen posted a photo on Facebook. I saw that the red envelope in the photo was not a money, but a "small note". I first told the brother that it was too tight at the moment, not enough for the wallet, but "this note" It can be worth 1200 yuan. When I get married, I can also use it as a voucher." Let the groom look at it and laugh.
View photos

▲The number of wedding gold packages must be packaged. (Figure / information photo)

A netizen posted a message in the Facebook Society "Explosive Commune 2" and asked if you have received such a red envelope. I saw a small note in the red envelope, which read "Brother, first of all, congratulations on your newlyweds! Recently, I’m too tight, I can’t get a gift, I’ll give you a piece here,” the end of the note. Write "This note can be worth 1200 yuan, and I can use it when I get married." It can be discounted and can be discounted. It looks very "cost-effective".
View photos

▲ Many netizens think that "it is acceptable." (Photo / Revolving Self-Explosive Waste Community II)

Some people see that the note will be dumbfounded and not sincere, but many netizens agree. "I think it is serious and sincere. Maybe he is really depressed." "I think the brothers can do it." "I think Yes, I have a good intention." "At least he still has the heart to write this note." "Brothers are more than 1,200 yuan." "Friends dare to do this is really difficult." It’s much better to make a wedding as a fortune.” “I don’t think it’s not bad. I didn’t rely on a wedding banquet to make money. I would rather hope that my friends would not miss my wedding because of the hand,” and because the note is simplified, there are also netizens who should be 1200. Yuan Renminbi (about NT$5,500), I feel that the other party is very heart-warming. (Editor: Zhou Wei)

More Sanli News Network reports
Terror is careful! He was mad by thousands of parasites...

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Asia’s stealthy rich city, the ultra wealthy hide their Hermes
image: https://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/...hash=7C70435C08CB7F6D9A4FBDECBCD9B8D524C74C6D
taipeiwontsignanyextraditiondealwithhongkongifitimpliestaiwanispartofchinaofficial.ashx

HONG KONG: To show off a $50 million Mark Rothko painting that Sotheby’s plans to sell in New York, the auction house took it to Asia to tempt wealthy bidders.

Outside of the company’s regional base in Hong Kong, the artwork made only one stop -- not Shanghai or Tokyo or Singapore, but Taipei.

“We take the art to where the buyers are.” said Patti Wong, chairman of Sotheby’s Asia, who hosted a two-day preview attended by Maggie and Richard Tsai and Yageo Corp. chairman Pierre Chen. “The Taiwanese market is hugely important for us.”

China may be minting billionaires faster than anywhere else, but Taiwan has been building fortunes since the 1950s. According to Knight Frank’s 2019 Wealth Report, Taipei was eighth in a global list of cities ranked by the number of ultra-high-net-worth individuals, with 1,519 people who have at least $30 million in assets. And the property firm predicts that number will rise to 1,864 by 2023.

Wealth creation on the island of 23.6 million people took off in the 1970s with the proliferation of hundreds of small manufacturers cranking out everything from televisions to Barbie dolls that fueled Taiwan’s export-led growth.

By the 1980s, the city had moved up the value chain, making electronic components and goods, led by computer companies and chip makers such as Acer Inc. and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.

When China began opening to investment, many Taiwanese companies shifted production across the Taiwan Strait to ride China’s industrial boom. New Taipei City-based Foxconn Technology Group made founder Terry Gou a fortune worth $4.3 billion as of April 1.

Money that flowed back to Taiwan created some startling symbols of wealth. When the Taipei 101 tower opened in 2004, it was the world’s tallest building, eclipsed only in 2010 by Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, and housed Christian Dior’s largest flagship store in the world.

But a good chunk of the money earned by Taiwan’s entrepreneurs stayed abroad.

According to a UBS Group AG report, the Taiwanese hold $500 billion offshore, third behind China, with $1.4 trillion and the US with $700 billion.

They’re also fond of real estate. According to Knight Frank, Taiwan’s super-wealthy own an average of 5.4 homes each, compared with just over 4 for Hong Kongers and 4.6 for those in the Middle East.

In downtown Taipei, apartments in Belgian architect Vincent Callebaut’s twisted, carbon-eating residential tower, Tao Zhu Yin Yuan, reportedly sell for NT$1 billion ($32 million) apiece, making them among the priciest in the region.

Much of the wealth on the island belongs to founders who never took their companies public, and some of them are now looking to cash out.

Precision Motion Industries Inc., a supplier to the semiconductor industry whose shareholders include Pai Young-yao, is seeking a buyer in a deal that would value the company at $1 billion, according to people familiar with matter.

”Over 90 percent of our clients are entrepreneurs with unlisted companies,” said Dennis Chen, head of wealth management Taiwan at UBS, which has seen annual double digit growth in the past five years.

Unlike the stereotype of the new wealth portrayed in the film “Crazy Rich Asians,” most wealthy Taiwanese families eschew ostentatious displays of riches.

”We are not showy,” said art-lover Tsai, who co-heads Fubon Financial Holding Co. with his brother.

“Taiwanese learned the importance of modesty from the Japanese and value the traditional Chinese virtue of humility.” Chen agrees. “Most of our clients never fly business class,” he said.

That’s not to say Taiwan’s top 1 percent don’t know how to enjoy their money, they just do so without fanfare, said Annie Leung, chairman of Bellavita, a luxury mall in the heart of Taipei.

The mall has a VIP club with fitting rooms where well-heeled shoppers can try on clothes and pricey jewelry without ever having to enter a store. Hermes even provides generic brown bags to people who don’t want to broadcast their purchases.

“They don’t want to have an obvious orange bag on the street,” said Leung, whose father C.C. Leung is co-founder of Quanta Computer Inc.

“High-end consumers like to spend their money, but they don’t always like to be seen.” - Bloomberg

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/business...ealthy-hide-their-hermes/#fv2ePpuBwJduF3Kf.99