• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One reason why PAP is still in Power!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No freaking sense of initiative...

Why no safety address?: Flight from Jakarta

LAST Friday, my husband and I were on flight SQ963 from Jakarta to Singapore. We were seated in economy class, and were surprised when we were not shown the usual preflight safety video, and did not receive safety warnings, such as reminders to put our seat belts on.

When we expressed our concerns to the flight manager, we were told the public address system affecting the whole economy section (row 31 to 61) on the plane was out of order, but the captain had decided to proceed with the flight regardless.

Should there have been an emergency during the flight, there would have been chaos as we could not have received instructions on emergency practices.

I have three questions:

- Why was the flight allowed to take off, despite the malfunctioning PA system?

- Why is there a difference in safety procedures in first and business class, compared to economy class? Furthermore, if this had been a flight from a Western country, would the pilot have risked jeopardising the safety of passengers in the same way?

- Why is there no standard operating procedure in safety practices in the event of technical failures? Are passengers expected to know how to secure life jackets and oxygen masks?

In terms of safety, nothing should be compromised.

Anita Chan (Mdm)

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
what do you think?

tioh boh?

That, if true, is definitely a breach of procedures. They should have have the stewards and stewardesses doing the emergency instructions "manually" along the aisle.

But what's it got to do with PAP?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
That, if true, is definitely a breach of procedures. They should have have the stewards and stewardesses doing the emergency instructions "manually" along the aisle.

But what's it got to do with PAP?

when kena screwed by PAP, peasants dun do anything, must wait for someone to take initiatives?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
She did the right thing. She did not just kept quiet. She spoke up for herself and others.

If anything happened to that flight. It would be on record on the flight recorder( black box)

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
No freaking sense of initiative...

Why no safety address?: Flight from Jakarta

LAST Friday, my husband and I were on flight SQ963 from Jakarta to Singapore. We were seated in economy class, and were surprised when we were not shown the usual preflight safety video, and did not receive safety warnings, such as reminders to put our seat belts on.

When we expressed our concerns to the flight manager, we were told the public address system affecting the whole economy section (row 31 to 61) on the plane was out of order, but the captain had decided to proceed with the flight regardless.

Should there have been an emergency during the flight, there would have been chaos as we could not have received instructions on emergency practices.

I have three questions:

- Why was the flight allowed to take off, despite the malfunctioning PA system?

- Why is there a difference in safety procedures in first and business class, compared to economy class? Furthermore, if this had been a flight from a Western country, would the pilot have risked jeopardising the safety of passengers in the same way?

- Why is there no standard operating procedure in safety practices in the event of technical failures? Are passengers expected to know how to secure life jackets and oxygen masks?

In terms of safety, nothing should be compromised.

Anita Chan (Mdm)

It is MANDATORY for safety flight instructions to be given which all airlines are obligated to do as required by FAA regulations. If the video is not working, then the flight attendants have to demonstrate the safety instructions protocol in person at the front of each section.

Anyway, there is also a safety instruction card in front of each passenger seat with plenty of diagrams and explanation on what to do in an emergency.

I have noticed that even with all the 'instructions', passengers normally IGNORE all the seatbelt sign with impunity. And many do not put on their safety belt routinely, no wonder many passengers often suffer serious head injuries when the plane hits an airpocket and plunges a few hundred feet.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful of the rat which is nibbling at the sling bag containing the tithes !!

still wanna talk cock? all tithes bags are none of your concerns, better check your foodcourt health standards!! that's more important because it concerns the health of others!! :biggrin:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
when kena screwed by PAP, peasants dun do anything, must wait for someone to take initiatives?

Yalo, then ask your pestors in church to start the ball rolling lo, they love to talk crap in front of hundreds and thousands of chrikukustians mah, you go ask them take the initiative against the Pees lo