• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

On the Suntec Food Trail

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/guide/story/0,4136,207812,00.html?

Makan Sites
On the Suntec Food Trail
Hed Chef Hedy Khoo leads the way
July 15, 2009

NP_SHOW_1_CURRENT_DHFTONE-LCR.jpg

STEAMY: (From left) Ms Want Ting, Hed Chef Hedy Khoo, Pepper Lunch manager Takayoshi Kofune and Ms Julia Tan. TNP PICTURE: KELVIN CHNG

MADAM Shirley Chow was so excited about the food trail at Suntec City Mall last Saturday that she skipped both breakfast and lunch for the event.

The 65-year-old housewife said: 'I'm so hungry now. I can't wait to eat!'

And eat she did.

She was among 30 participants at the inaugural Suntec Food Trail.

The New Paper on Sunday's Hed Chef Hedy Khoo acted as their guide.

The first stop was Loving Hut (#03-016), which serves vegetarian cuisine.

Participants Stephen Yee and his wife Wong Mei Ling enthusiastically tucked into the food there, despite a hearty lunch before the tour. Madam Wong said: 'We're always ready for good food!'

At the next stop, participants were greeted by Pepper Lunch manager Takayoshi Kofune, who gave an explanation of the food served there.

Japanese food enthusiasts Julia Tan and her niece Wan Ting are already regulars at Pepper Lunch, located at #B1-010.

Ms Tan exclaimed: 'The food choices at Suntec City Mall are great and I really enjoyed it.'

Then it was off to Shin Kushiya (#01-031), where a refreshing dessert awaited them. The Japanese konnyaku coconut jelly received a great response.

First time

Ms Tan said: 'This is actually our first time at Shin Kushiya. The jelly is quite refreshing with its slightly minty taste.'

The trail ended at Skinny Pizza (#01-002/004/006). Miss Cheryl Sou, 18, raved about the place.

'I like the ham and cheese pizza as it has more toppings and less pastry. And the base is crisp and crunchy, so it's great.'

Her mum, Madam Elizabeth Ong, 48, said: 'It was a very good experience. I'd do it again.'

Miss Khoo enjoyed herself too.

She said: 'You could try out a bit of everything but not feel like a glutton at the same time. It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.'

David Ho, newsroom intern

There will be another food trail on 25 Jul. This time, it's all about healthy eating.

To register, present a $30 single receipt from any Suntec store to Tropics Service Desk.

Registration begins this Saturday and there'll be a draw to pick the lucky 20. All selected participants will then by informed by Suntec City Mall via phone.