• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Obama -" I am frustrated with myself, I screwed up"

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
WASHINGTON - Barack Obama on Tuesday abruptly abandoned his nomination fight for Tom Daschle and a second major appointee who failed to pay all their taxes, fearing a lingering ethics dispute would undercut his claims to moral high ground and cripple his presidency in just its second week. "I screwed up," Obama declared.

"It's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules _ you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes," Obama said near the end of a day of jarring developments, little more than 24 hours after he had said he was "absolutely" committed to Daschle's confirmation.

"I'm frustrated with myself, with our team. ... I'm here on television saying I screwed up," Obama said on NBC's "Nightly News with Brian Williams." He repeated virtually the same words in interviews with other TV anchors.

Hours earlier, the White House had announced that Daschle had asked to be removed from consideration as health and human services secretary and that Nancy Killefer had made the same request concerning what was to be her groundbreaking appointment as a chief performance officer to make the entire government run better.

Daschle said in a brief letter to Obama that he refused to "be a distraction" from the new president's drive for health care reform. Obama said neither he nor Daschle excused the former Senate Democratic leader's tax errors but that he accepted his friend's decision "with sadness and regret."

Unsightly personal tax problems had been piling up for the new administration. Last week, the Senate confirmed Timothy Geithner as treasury secretary, but only after days of controversy over the fact that the man who would oversee the Internal Revenue Service had only belatedly paid $34,000 in income taxes.

Bill Richardson bowed out, too, though his difficulties didn't involve personal taxes. The New Mexico governor, who was Obama's first choice for commerce secretary, withdrew amid a grand jury investigation into a state contract awarded to his political donors.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only that country can come out with such a lousy president
he cannot make a correct oath
he cannot recover us economy
he cannot stop Iran
he cannot improve us health care
he cannot do anything useful except great speech about what he is going to do.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually glad that he be honest about his great difficulties. He better let his supporters know and try to get their understandings. If they are really good and strong supporters, they should support him more. The rather that he lied that he is fully confident and everything was OK, then it is a matter of time that his people don't see the expected results and got pissed off with him. This president have an impossible mission and need miracle to get good results, saying this is just to be fair with him.:rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
"Everybody screwed up except me. I can never screw up."
-- quote from another leader

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
only that country can come out with such a lousy president
he cannot make a correct oath
he cannot recover us economy
he cannot stop Iran
he cannot improve us health care
he cannot do anything useful except great speech about what he is going to do.

No-one, including President Obama, is perfect in every way. And just to note, he's been in power for only 2 weeks. Politics isn't gonna sort itself up within 2 weeks.

He's not Jesus Christ.