• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS Arts SPG: Physical Contact Helps to Understand Body!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Orientation games not lewd, but just fun activities
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I refer to last Sunday's article, 'Orientation - just fun or plain lewd?'.
I am an arts and social sciences undergraduate at the National University of Singapore (NUS). I participated in the orientation camp this year and found it to be fun. In no way did I feel like I was coerced into performing lewd acts.
The comment from Ms Rachel Lee, a fellow camp participant, was just the opinion of one out of the hundreds of freshmen who attended that camp.
The students were encouraged to participate in the activities, but had they informed their orientation group leaders (OGLs) that they would prefer to sit out a particular activity, I am sure the OGL would have let them.
The activities encourage interaction and bonding among the students, so that we can start the term knowing at least a few people on campus.
The orientation activities should not be too rigidly controlled, as we are mature enough to know the boundaries.
Sex has traditionally been a taboo subject, but today's youth are more open when it comes to the subject, as it is part of life.
Putting a stop to these activities will send out the message that sex is not natural and is not a norm in society.
The physical contact between boys and girls in the games can encourage people to not only be comfortable with their own bodies, but also to be comfortable with the opposite sex.
We are all mature enough to know that the activities are done in fun, and they might even boost the confidence of the participants.
As long as the people involved do not mind them and their safety is ensured, I do not see why we should do away with games involving physical contact. Yi Ling Koay

http://m.friendster.com/profile/user/14604749

Yi Ling Koay "Nike's motto: "Give It All You've Got, Then Get It Right Back." I might actually know what that REALLY means now..."

Female, 20, Single

More about Yi Ling
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Schools (Other): St. Andrew's Kindergarten, SRK Convent Pulau Tikus, SMK Convent Pulau Tikus, Innova JC
Company: hmmm...none for da present, hope to hv sum in da future!!
Affiliations: lots...u shud know them if u're familiar wif me!
Interests: (A LOT!!!)anythin' bout music,movies,tv,story books,cheesy food,anythin' tat contains choc,chillin' wif frens,shoppin',rubberneckin',dogs!!!(love 'em),cats(hate 'em),good-lookin' guys(definitely),travelling,love accessories(especially costume jewellery),i'm a sports fanatic...especially into football!!!,f1,swimmin(go!!ian thorpe),badminton n many many many more....
Favorite Books: (really a LOT) particularly harry potter,lotr,agatha christie,l.j smith,roald dahl,christopher pike...
Favorite Movies: lotr(da best),harry potter,da incredibles,kill bill,any type of anime be it jap,disney,etc,n lots more
Favorite Music: all kinds of genre 'cept for really really loud,curse-filled,very very boring n slow type of music but particularly love pop,rock,ballads n r 'n b.
Favorite TV Shows: too many to name, since I'm a recovering TV addict :P
About Me: well well....i could write till tomorrow.but i'll just say a few words... i consider myself an animal lover n an environmentalist.my family,frens,ethics n values will always come at da top of the list no matter wat.i love to play,sleep.eat n be a pig in general but of cos all of us like tat but our lifestyle doesn't permit it right? i'm a last-minute person(if don't believe ask my family n close frens),soft-hearted,dreamy n sometimes too kaypo for my own good.i think i am very competetive but i don't let it eat me up...personally,i think i'm a coward(i don't dare watch horror movies :smile:) i love cheese,chocs,sweets,desserts,spicy food n italian cuisine.. i sincerely dislike hypocrites,show-offs,da i'm too cool attitude,immature,inefficient ppl(don't ask me y,i also don't know),two-faces,attention seekin ppl to da core of my being. i am especially attracted to ppl who r charmin',intelligent,charismatic,has da right sense of humour,sensitive in da right way,n has a nice smile..as well as dog-lovers. i believe in karma n da wat-goes-'round-comes-'round stuff.i feel very awed by great historical figures like shih huang ti,alexander the great,napoleon,meiji n stuff.
Who I Want to Meet: Any one of the 6 billion people living on this planet we call our home...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Simply a superficial way to make friends
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I refer to last Sunday's article, 'Orientation - just fun or plain lewd?'
I am a 28-year-old freshman at the National University of Singapore. I had worked for nine years prior to resuming my studies and have, in the course of work, interacted with people from various backgrounds. So I have a different perspective from the other younger freshmen on the games introduced at the orientation camps.
In the real world, forging a professional or personal relationship is quite different from the way friendships are 'induced' through such orientation activities.
I do not agree with the way such activities are held now.
The objective may be to break down barriers and encourage interaction, but many such games do not help those who are inherently shy.
The problem is that, given a choice - which they do get - many of them will skip the orientation programme entirely.
Many of these activities are better suited to teenagers rather than young adults.
Orientation activities must be fun for everyone, not just for those who are outgoing.
These games serve only to let people know one another on a superficial level, and are not intellectually challenging.
With so many talented young adults present at such camps, the activities can be more challenging and encourage interaction too.
At the end of the day, the camps should serve a purpose. Let the students learn something - be it a skill or a thought-provoking lesson about themselves - rather than just the name of a fellow student, or have a laugh. Jarel Seeh

http://www.facebook.com/people/Jarel_Seeh/747231689

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>