• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSman Accepts Fact He Cant Afford Family

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>One man's decision to remain single
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I HAVE worked hard at my studies. I did mandatory national service and then started work, realising women in Singapore have progressed much more quickly. With ageing parents to take care of, I made financial plans adequate to cover expenses and set aside emergency cash for major illnesses or job loss.
The women I dated were highly paid executives and chose to spend on luxuries rather than set money aside for the family.
Having women in the workforce has greatly boosted the country's gross domestic product, but the plan has worked so well that the cost of living has skyrocketed.
I am resigned to the fact that I cannot plan financially for a family. I am 33 years old and if I had a son now, I would have to bear his expenses and the cost of education until he was 24 (including NS), and I would be 57. I am certain working life will be no easier in future, with ever-increasing competition from the younger generation and new citizens.
Of course, there is the argument that my son could take a study loan. But if he were to take six years to repay his loan, he would be 30 and repeating the same cycle as me.
Just one generation ago, my uncles and aunt did not have that worry. A public flat then cost $10,000 and everyone could afford that without a hefty loan.
Are we becoming too money-minded at the cost of our social well-being?
Christopher Chow

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find a malaysian girl to married, their culture, language same as ours and they are more willing to look after the family and the elderly. Remember not to give away her Malaysian citizenship, will be another alternative route for you when our country policy make bought enough of FT to be its citizens.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
think too much and you'll become a bachelor all your life. just close your eyes, and use your pirck to fcuk whoever you can. dont die a vrigin ccok.

jw5

Loyal
If cannot afford, then don't have.
Doesn't mean that you can't still have a happy life.

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>One man's decision to remain single
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I HAVE worked hard at my studies. I did mandatory national service and then started work, realising women in Singapore have progressed much more quickly. With ageing parents to take care of, I made financial plans adequate to cover expenses and set aside emergency cash for major illnesses or job loss.
The women I dated were highly paid executives and chose to spend on luxuries rather than set money aside for the family.
;......................................

Just one generation ago, my uncles and aunt did not have that worry. A public flat then cost $10,000 and everyone could afford that without a hefty loan.
Christopher Chow

Christopher Cock, if you have expensive taste, that's your problem... hope you got to screw them which the goods lasted. Don't serve and never get to fire your rounds.

:biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun live you life with regrets when you are 50s-60s..with a fat bank account and nobody to share your wealth with...

I would like you to meet Jesus.....

Matthew 6

Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till he go overseas and see for himself how people can get their first degree when they are barely 21 years old!

FUCK NS! :oIo: It's seriously useless and a bloody waste of our precious time!

If they must enlist, pls enlist the fucking SPGs in Singapore also, it's fairer to us this way! FUCK U PAP!:oIo:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSlave Christopher must understand "No money No Honey"

A generation ago it was also like that but not so bad, now it is very bad.

Please take care of your family the delusion of a happy family will cripple you and forever enslave you on this peesai island.

Having women in the workforce has greatly boosted the country's gross domestic product, but the plan has worked so well that the cost of living has skyrocketed.
I am resigned to the fact that I cannot plan financially for a family. I am 33 years old and if I had a son now, I would have to bear his expenses and the cost of education until he was 24 (including NS), and I would be 57. I am certain working life will be no easier in future, with ever-increasing competition from the younger generation and new citizens.
Of course, there is the argument that my son could take a study loan. But if he were to take six years to repay his loan, he would be 30 and repeating the same cycle as me.
Christopher Chow

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dun live you life with regrets when you are 50s-60s..with a fat bank account and nobody to share your wealth with...

I would like you to meet Jesus.....

cheeby kia gayboy ..your fucking church also need money . whats that red fucking net that go around the fucking church collecting money on every sunday ? :wink:

when you have money your " dog " also treat you like god ...:biggrin::wink: