• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Noise from air-con tower disrupts patient's sleep

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Noise from air-con tower disrupts patient's sleep
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS in Ward 44, Room 2, of the Singapore General Hospital last Wednesday and was discharged the next day.
The room faced the air-conditioning cooling towers and exhaust fans of the next building. The noise from the equipment made it impossible for me to sleep.
At 2.30am, I asked the nurse to find out if the engineer could measure the noise level. A technician turned up saying there was no acoustic meter to measure the decibel level. He tried to solve the problem by turning off the machine nearest to my room and turning on a unit farther away.
But by doing so, the problem was merely transferred to another block of the ward and not really solving the noise problem.
I hope the hospital will solve the problem for all affected rooms, such as the ones with even numbers, which face the rooftop machines. Au Yong How Kai

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peasant Au is trying to be funny.

If he wants a good night sleep, pay more lor, why grumble unless he tinks Laksa Khaw will refund his medical bed fees?

What a gall of a peasant to take world class hospital to task?