• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No mall in Serangoon Gardens, please

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Sep 14, 2008
YOUR LETTERS
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>No mall in 'sleepy village', please
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I read with great consternation last Sunday's article, 'Where 5,000 expats call home', which reported that the Serangoon Gardens Village complex would be torn down to 'make way for a big mall'.
We have malls everywhere, surely we do not need one in Serangoon Gardens?
I live in the estate and I love its 'sleepy village' atmosphere. It was even better before, when we knew the owners of the provision shops and would drop by just to chat without buying anything.
It is still not too bad now, even though 'modernity' has arrived in the form of Prima Deli, Bengawan Solo, and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, among others.
But we have to stop somewhere. The enclave is steadily losing its cosiness and character, and I say, enough is enough.
There are malls aplenty in the nearby AMK Hub, Heartland Mall and Hougang Point.
We do not need one right in the heart of Serangoon Gardens. Wong Sook-yee (Ms)

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Wong is absolutely right.

if the mall is built at where the paramount theatre used to be, the traffic will be chaotic.
there is no more space for cars, human traffic will be crammed up. Business will go to the dogs.

Those PAP dogs who support the FT dormitory should go to the site before they support the familee.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Sep 14, 2008
YOUR LETTERS
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>No mall in 'sleepy village', please
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I read with great consternation last Sunday's article, 'Where 5,000 expats call home', which reported that the Serangoon Gardens Village complex would be torn down to 'make way for a big mall'.
We have malls everywhere, surely we do not need one in Serangoon Gardens?
I live in the estate and I love its 'sleepy village' atmosphere. It was even better before, when we knew the owners of the provision shops and would drop by just to chat without buying anything.
It is still not too bad now, even though 'modernity' has arrived in the form of Prima Deli, Bengawan Solo, and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, among others.
But we have to stop somewhere. The enclave is steadily losing its cosiness and character, and I say, enough is enough.
There are malls aplenty in the nearby AMK Hub, Heartland Mall and Hougang Point.
We do not need one right in the heart of Serangoon Gardens. Wong Sook-yee (Ms)