• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NLB reference closed access?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know what it means?

That the book is available for reference but you cannot read?

NLB these days don't publish phone number, KNN.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does anyone know what it means?

That the book is available for reference but you cannot read?

NLB these days don't publish phone number, KNN.

Reference library is on lv 7 of the NLB building. You have to take the lift up.

Can read on-site, but cannot borrow and take out.

On a related note, the basement library there has been turned into a circus after renovation, a lot of 'interactive' events for the brats, Which are located not far from the bookshelves and reading area. Same for the many kid-friendly exhibitions at the National Gallery.

Maybe it's more profitable to sell events to those young parents and their brats, but it's quite telling of a country when silence can be sacrificed at a museum and a library.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reference library is on lv 7 of the NLB building. You have to take the lift up.

Can read on-site, but cannot borrow and take out.

On a related note, the basement library there has been turned into a circus after renovation, a lot of 'interactive' events for the brats, Which are located not far from the bookshelves and reading area. Same for the many kid-friendly exhibitions at the National Gallery.

Maybe it's more profitable to sell events to those young parents and their brats, but it's quite telling of a country when silence can be sacrificed at a museum and a library.
So closed access means it's still accessible?

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
I visit only NLB @ Victoria Street.

The locker damn stylo. Everything free. Toilet also good high SES.
NLB@orchard gateway is better.
My reason : there isn't any old farts hoarding seats and no oldies smell. The worst is nlb chinatown. I would never go there again. If go there must bring nose inhaler.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
NLB@orchard gateway is better.
My reason : there isn't any old farts hoarding seats and no oldies smell. The worst is nlb chinatown. I would never go there again. If go there must bring nose inhaler.
I go to the HQ only. The collection is complete. Level 11 sure no old farts one because very high SES.

Tampines is quite big, has many levels. Orchard is too rowdy for me. Apart from HQ, my favorite was the one at Esplanade ... very cultured. KNN, closed down.

Esplanade was let down by the cheapo piano in the library ... cheena mak mak !

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
I go to the HQ only. The collection is complete. Level 11 sure no old farts one because very high SES.

Tampines is quite big, has many levels. Orchard is too rowdy for me. Apart from HQ, my favorite was the one at Esplanade ... very cultured. KNN, closed down.

Esplanade was let down by the cheapo piano in the library ... cheena mak mak !
Esplanade one is good if u want to view audiovisual collection