• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nigeria: Jihad Bandits Defy Curfew In Benue State, Kill 18 Residents In Fresh Attacks

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://saharareporters.com/2024/07...w-benue-state-kill-18-residents-fresh-attacks

According to local sources, the incident occurred around 11pm, despite a curfew imposed by the state government from 6pm to 6am in the Sankera axis, which includes Katsina-Ala, Ukum, and Logo. The area has experienced ongoing security challenges.

At least 18 residents of Mbacher community in the Mbacher council ward of Katsina-Ala Local Government Area, Benue State were killed on Friday night by armed group suspected to be bandits.
According to local sources, the incident occurred around 11pm, despite a curfew imposed by the state government from 6pm to 6am in the Sankera axis, which includes Katsina-Ala, Ukum, and Logo. The area has experienced ongoing security challenges.
The sources reported that the armed group gathered the villagers, pretending to address them, before opening fire on some of them.
According to PUNCH, confirming the incident, Chairman Justine Shaku of Katsina-Ala LGA stated that the bandits had already completed their operation before the military arrived at the village.
According to Shaku, "At approximately 11 pm yesterday (Friday), we received a distress call from the villagers, reporting that a group of terrorists was moving from house to house, coercing individuals to follow them."
He added, “I quickly mobilised the military officers that were in Tor Doonga, and being a remote area, before they could reach there, the people had been killed.”
Shaku added that some people were wounded during the attack.
“Yesterday night, I was told it was 17, but today 18 people have been confirmed dead. All of them were assembled in one place and killed.
“This morning, I, the assembly member and adviser on legislative matters, held a meeting, and we communicated the development to the Commissioner of Police,” he added.
Describing the activities of bandits in the area as a ‘gorilla type of war’ the chairman said, "I no longer call them bandits because I’m seeing hands/elements of terrorism in their activities. So to me, I classify them as terrorists now.
“But they are terrorists within though they have external forces, those who are sponsoring and helping them to perpetrate the acts. The locals are the major people that are doing it."
When SaharaReporters reached out to the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Catherine Anene, she requested for text messages.
However, as at the time of filing this report, she had yet to respond to the inquiry either to deny or affirm it.