• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicholas Grateful to Familee for Spawning Bonus

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Who says Baby Bonus scheme is not a success?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to last Saturday's report, 'Baby bonus has had little impact so far'.
In my opinion, a key point was missed. The Baby Bonus scheme is a success as it has stemmed the decline in the number of new births.
Admittedly, while most parents do not plan a baby with the financial incentive in mind, the absence of such a scheme would have persuaded at least some to put off the decision or even do without a child.
I speak as a father of four children, aged between two and eight. I am grateful to the Government for the financial assistance made possible with the bonus, especially as my third child requires intervention for special needs.
The scheme also greatly helped with the monthly expenses associated with day care for my other three children as my wife also works, albeit in a job with more flexibility and, consequently, less pay.
I remember the exhilaration of my wife, as she listened to the National Day Rally speech last year, when Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced that the scheme would also benefit families who wanted a fifth child. We deliberated and eventually expected our fifth child early this year, although it did not happen in the end.
While we are putting off plans for now, the scheme or its removal would be a major factor in our decision in the future.
I feel compelled to write in as I feel strongly that this is a policy that is working.
As it is a personal opinion, perhaps a straw poll should be taken to verify with parents who have had babies post-scheme on whether it was indeed a key consideration.
Nicholas Lim

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously to the parent, it's already a bonus to have a child...

some more got additional monetary baby bonus!!

double bonuses man!

sweet!

relax lah! just treat it as tax rebates lah!:P

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicholas Lim: "$18,000 cash match and $6,000 cash is not enough for us to have a baby. Is that your best offer?"

LKY: "KNN. We dont need your labourer genes. We have enough FTs already"

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not bother ask who is paying for all this $$$ to the baby scheme? White scum said they will pay but who is actucally paying??? :confused:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont get this BB scheme. the govt will give u 4k but in installments.

then in order to get the other 6k, u need to open a special account called cdac with either ocbc or stanchart, and deposit 6k cash. the govt will then match a dollar for dollar contribution upto the 6k. the money in this cdac can only be used with a special nets card that is accepted only at hospitals and schools.

the govt give u 4k cash but if u want the additional 6k from the govt, u have to put in 6k.

so in order to fully benefit from this scheme, u can't spend the 4k and u need to top up another 2k from your own pocket.

i dont see how this scheme is suppose to help those people who are not well off.