• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Zealander in Suntec assault incident given PR by ICA

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let this be an eye opener to all native born sons of singapore. If you are born here, from birth, everything u do is already tied in to their central computer sytem. Where u went to school, where u travel, how much u earn, etc. is either in your IC or your passport and all tied in to the different govt. depts. The end result is that they can at anytime get an overall and detail view of you and your activities.

But if u are an FT migrating here and applying for PR, especially if you r angmo, than all of a sudden, the ICA database and computer system does not talk to the SPF database, and in turn they do not talk to the Ministry of Law's system. Hence, someone under investigation for assault charges can get a PR no problem. In other countries, the ICA there will minimum run a police check on u, and would have found this assualt case.

Ask yourself how many simple assualt case like this takes 14 months to process? Are u kidding me? If I go out tonight and find a taxi driver and beat him up, I would have been arrested, tried and jailed within 2 months. I would be out of jail even before the 14 months this case took. Like many people already said, there are 4 sets of laws in singapore. ANg mor get the better set number 2.

very well said
but don't forget, he is a talent

i am a born and bred singaporean, worse still got low class job...if i were to go out tonight and do what he did........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my true meaning is that its always easy to criticize others in whatever things they do. Even if one fine day, PAP is gone i bet many people here will still complain about the new government.

Is it too much to ask that the PAP do their work:confused:

In case anyone has forgotten the PAP is THE highest gov't in the world:eek: Do we really need all the dead wood like GCT, LKY, that president, etc, etc As citizens we are all paying for their lavish life style:rolleyes:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably the only reason why he turned himself in is becuz, he can't ply his trade in any of the financial centers in this region or countries with extradition treaties with Singapore.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably the only reason why he turned himself in is becuz, he can't ply his trade in any of the financial centers in this region or countries with extradition treaties with Singapore.

Whatever the reason for his change of heart, let us see if the prosecutor handles him with kid gloves?

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's see how the law minister shamugan defend and advocate in parliament why the Ang Mo should be rewarded with a PR when he skipped bail .

swinewhacker

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHY ARE YOU JAILING A MAN WHO USED HIS HAND ON A BUNCH OF YELLOW BUCK TOOTH SMELLY NIGGERS? SHOULDN'T HE BE GIVEN A MEDAL OF HONOR INSTEAD?

I urge THE GREAT HUMAN RACE TO RISE UP AGAINST THIS YELLOW ANIMALS.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
my true meaning is that its always easy to criticize others in whatever things they do. Even if one fine day, PAP is gone i bet many people here will still complain about the new government.

how about i explain something simple to u, asshole. Our govt. claim they are the brightest and most talented, not in SE Asia, but in the whole world. The taxpayers and citizens agree and so when they ask for the best and highest pay in the world, we agree to pay them as such. Now, when they fuck up just like any other ordinary non-million dollar salary govt. around the world, what are we supposed to do? SIt there and accept it? Cannot take the money back from them, they already spend it. So, opening our mouth to voice our opinion is a legitimate way to call them on them on their cockups. U won't understand this, u have been sucking too much PAP lancheow.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great. I'll remember to cook my own steak the next time the chef undercooks it. Sinkies are such a wonderfully self-reliant lot :rolleyes:

Yeah lor don't understand why some people think cannot cook means cannot criticise the chef. Why cannot criticise as customer paying the world's highest paid chef?

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
They Need The Money !

tcrn160l.jpg

Is it too much to ask that the PAP do their work:confused:

In case anyone has forgotten the PAP is THE highest gov't in the world:eek: Do we really need all the dead wood like GCT, LKY, that president, etc, etc As citizens we are all paying for their lavish life style:rolleyes:

What work ? They needed the $4 mil to boost their image further.

Work is NOT important to them. They always have many bootlickers to their dirty jobs for them.

Ultŕaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If jailed, his PR will be reviewed -

20120917.184207_st_robertstephen.jpg

By RENNIE WHANG
The New Paper
Wednesday, Sep 19, 2012

THE Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) has clarified that the New Zealander who allegedly assaulted four men in April 2010 obtained Singapore permanent residency before the incident.

Robert Stephen Dahlberg, 35, was charged with causing grievous hurt in July last year. That same month, he jumped bail and fled Singapore.

He was arrested on his return here on Sept 6 this year and was produced in court the next day.

In an interview with The New Zealand Herald published on Sept 9, his father, Mr Bill Dahlberg, said his son had stayed in Singapore for 14 months after the incident, gaining PR status.

The remark made its rounds online, with questions being raised about how this man could have become a PR after his involvement in the incident.

Asked when he had been granted PR, an ICA spokesman said that it was "well before" the incident.

If convicted and jailed, Dahlberg will have his PR status reviewed, the spokesman told The New Paper on Friday.

"Among other things, ICA will consider the seriousness of the offence, especially if it is a crime, the extent of the person's involvement in the crime and the length of the jail sentence meted out by the Court," she said.

Dahlberg, an options broker, and two other Caucasians were believed to have been drunk in the early hours of April 11, 2010, when they abused two taxi drivers and two taxi passengers before hijacking and crashing a taxi.

He allegedly punched a businessman, Mr Laurence Wong Seong, 39, on the head.

He also held Mr Wong's friend, Mr Paul Louis Liew Kai Ming, 27, at this neck and slammed his head against a pillar.

Wound, fracture

Mr Liew suffered a wound on his forehead and a fractured nasal bone.

The trio were charged on July 7 last year.

Both Dahlberg and a co-accused, Briton and fellow options broker Robert James Springall, 26, ended up wanted by Interpol after they jumped bail.

Springall is still at large.

Of the three, only Australian Nathan Robert Miller, 35, has been dealt with. The business development manager served three week's jail earlier this year for punching cabby Tay Gek Heng, 47, in the face.

When contacted by TNP, Mr Bill Dahlberg said his son told him about the incident not long after it happened.

"Once Robert made the decision to return, I made arrangements to travel back with him and be in Singapore for his first court appearance," he said.

He added that they are concerned about the stress and injury caused to Mr Liew.

"My wife and I wrote to Mr Liew's parents via the Singapore High Commission in Wellington to apologise for the stress this must also be causing them."

In a statement, Robert Dahlberg said he was sorry for the inconvenience caused to the police while he was outside Singapore.

"I hope my return will allow everyone involved to find closure," he said.

He is now remanded at Changi Prison and will be back in court on Sept 21.

If convicted of voluntarily causing grievous hurt, Dahlberg can be jailed up to 10 years and fined or caned, it was reported earlier this month.

An ICA spokesman said foreigners who apply for Singapore PR are assessed on a set of criteria including economic contributions, qualifications, social contributions, the ability to integrate with Singapore society and whether the applicant has adverse records, among other things.