• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New uniform isn't as rank-friendly in battle conditions

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>New uniform isn't as rank-friendly in battle conditions
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Tuesday's Forum Online letter by Mr Joseph Tan, 'New soldier's uniform is battle-friendly'.
I beg to differ with his opinion that the new uniform displays the rank of the soldier in a subtle and understated manner.
In the old uniform, high-ranking officers had their rank displayed on their shoulders by means of epaulettes. In battle, these epaulettes were often hidden under the military webbing all soldiers have to wear in the field.
By contrast, the new uniform displays the rank of the soldier prominently in the centre of his chest.
An enemy sniper can easily see the rank from a frontal view of the soldier. In fact, the rank serves as an obvious beacon to invite shots to the chest, especially in the case of generals whose rank is depicted by stars.
Peter Lo

2jdrfp2.jpg

But since when do my scholar generals go to the field? I know I donch! *tata*

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not bad the new uniform, you can stare at a SAF female chio bu straight at their boobs. If keen caught just say you are trying to see what rank.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I beg to differ with his opinion that the new uniform displays the rank of the soldier in a subtle and understated manner.
In the old uniform, high-ranking officers had their rank displayed on their shoulders by means of epaulettes. In battle, these epaulettes were often hidden under the military webbing all soldiers have to wear in the field.
By contrast, the new uniform displays the rank of the soldier prominently in the centre of his chest.
An enemy sniper can easily see the rank from a frontal view of the soldier. In fact, the rank serves as an obvious beacon to invite shots to the chest, especially in the case of generals whose rank is depicted by stars.
Peter Lo

Should'nt the shoulder webbing be under the epaulettes? In my time, many NCO's / Officers were 'gently' reminded by the mindef controllers to don the webbing properly and not be rambo wannabes. The one shot, one kill snipers are trained & take their sweet time to detect the senior-most commander from the gait, mannerisms etc and the squeeze the trigger....so much for the concern of the uniform/rank:wink: