• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizens told ex-actor CCM his sickly face spoils ppl's appetite.

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
“If I Had A Choice, Would I Want To Be Sick?” Chew Chor Meng Responds To Mean Comments Saying He Has A “Sickly Face”

The 55-year-old Mediacorp star has been battling spinal muscular atrophy since 2008.
Jiamun Koh
Jiamun Koh
27 Sep 2024 at 20:00
ShareBookmark
chew chor meng “If I Had A Choice, Would I Want To Be Sick?” Chew Chor Meng Responds To Mean Comments Saying He Has A “Sickly Face”

Mediacorp actor Chew Chor Meng is one of the toughest actors we know.
After being diagnosed with a rare muscle-wasting genetic disorder known as Kennedy’s Disease in 2008, the now 55-year-old did not let his condition beat him down.
Not only is he still active in showbiz, Chor Meng also has a number of flourishing F&B businesses, such as a Thai Mookata chain 888 Mookata and two Tam Chiak Kopitiams, which he co-owns with Love 972 DJ Dennis Chew and food blogger Maureen Ow aka Miss Tam Chiak.
Basically, the Star Search 1990 champ has been doing whatever he can to live his life like any other ordinary person.
Unfortunately, his positive outlook is still not enough to stop others from leaving hurtful comments about his condition.
Earlier today (Sep 27), the actor suddenly took to his Instagram Stories to address online trolls.
"If I had a choice, would I want to be sick?" he wrote.
"After seeing comments like '[You have a] sickly face [which makes people] lose their appetite', I finally realised our society is sick too," lamented Chor Meng.
Though Chor Meng did not go into detail about what happened, it can be inferred that he must have received unkind remarks about his appearance and illness.
Seriously, is it so hard for some people to be kind?

What has the world become?
Catch Chor Meng in Dark Angel on mewatch or in the video below:

Photos: Chew Chor Meng/Instagram

chew chor meng
ShareBookmark

Last edited:

Taylorshit

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will look much more handsome when he goes six feet under, which is soon. The funeral director will make doll up his ass with lots of makeup.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a celebrity.

The people who criticized your appearance are the same group of people who helped catapult you to stardom when you were at your prime.

As a celebrity, you accept both praises and criticisms because you are the product, and the public, the consumers. This is called 媒体伦理:you live by the sword, you die by the sword. It has nothing to do with your sickness.

There are ways to avoid negative comments - you can choose NOT to be a celebrity and stay out of limelight. If you want to use your celebrity status as a leverage for your business, then you must accept criticisms in the same way you accept encouragement.

What you should NOT do is to use your sickness to attack your dissidents. This is called 道德勒索.

@sbfuncle tio bo ?

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't know he's related to Slutty Bin Lobang Queen

1727592635476.jpeg