• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Naughty mynah spotted waiting for mrt wearing only duct tapes on neck & legs for Samsters Kym?

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myna seen with duct tape plastered on its neck & legs at Yew Tee MRT station
Appalling behaviour.
Natalie Ong |
clock.png
August 15, 2024, 03:51 PM

Mynah.png

A Javan myna was found with red duct tape plastered on its neck and around both its legs on Aug. 11 at Yew Tee MRT station, according to a Facebook post by the Urban Birds Initiative Singapore.

The adhesive used in duct tape is toxic to birds if ingested, and could be potentially fatal in nature.

Urban Birds Initiative Singapore added that it can causes painful blisters to the animal as well.

myna-fb-1.png
Photo from Urban Birds Initiative Singapore/Facebook

The Urban Birds Initiative is a ground-up collective "striving for a compassionate society for humans and urban birds to coexist happily".

Under the Animals and Birds Act, anyone who is found guilty of cruelty to animals can be imprisoned for up to 18 months, fined up to S$15,000, or both.

What to do if you encounter the bird​

Urban Birds Initiative added that for those who happen to encounter this particular myna, they can try to secure the bird safely in a box, and call the Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (Acres).
If you do witness incidents of animal abuse, take note of details such as the date, time and location for authorities to assist in the investigation.
For such incidents, you can contact the appropriate authorities:

• For domestic animals, call the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) at 62875355 ext. 9.

• For wildlife, call Acres at 9783 7782, or the National Parks Board (NParks) at 1800-476-1600.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
my childhood dream was to own a small bird. But i didn't want to clean the bird's poo.

So i fantasized about tying one of its leg to fishing nylons and let it fly free from my HDB windows. When i missed the bird, i would pull the bird back with my fishing rod and feed it.

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
my childhood dream was to own a small bird. But i didn't want to clean the bird's poo.

So i fantasized about tying one of its leg to fishing nylons and let it fly free from my HDB windows. When i missed the bird, i would pull the bird back with my fishing rod and feed it.
Last time got reported one hdb aunty go tie raffia on mynah leg to bamboo pole as punishment for flying into her kitchen steal lunch

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
my childhood dream was to own a small bird. But i didn't want to clean the bird's poo. So i fantasized about tying one of its leg to fishing nylons and let it fly free from my HDB windows. When i missed the bird, i would pull the bird back with my fishing rod and feed it.
Did your childhood dream come true? Do you have a small bird inside your pants now as an adult male?

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
my childhood dream was to own a small bird. But i didn't want to clean the bird's poo. So i fantasized about tying one of its leg to fishing nylons and let it fly free from my HDB windows. When i missed the bird, i would pull the bird back with my fishing rod and feed it.
Does your wife tie a nylon string to your little bird and pull it back home after office hours?

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did your childhood dream come true? Do you have a small bird inside your pants now as an adult male?
Cruelty to animals, can make report
  • For domestic animals, call the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) at 62875355 ext. 9
Cruelty to birds, can make report
  • For wildlife, call Acres at 9783 7782, or the National Parks Board (NParks) at 1800-476-1600.
Cruelty to man, can call who ah?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cruelty to animals, can make report
  • For domestic animals, call the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) at 62875355 ext. 9
Cruelty to birds, can make report
Cruelty to man, can call who ah?
Long story short, SPCA wants $$$. When I was in NS, I begged them pick up a litter of new born puppies from my unit. They asked for money

ACRES, I contacted them recently when I found a baby bird in the middle of pavement. They told me to find the nest but there wasn't a single tree or bush around.

I dunno how to bird dropped from sky. They bochup cos it is not some endangered panda. Basically, hinted me to do nothing. After third call, they were perfunctory, and asked me put in a shoe box, leave outside their place at Lim Chu Kang, near Qian Hu. KNN, nobody come out also, the whole place like shit. I waited a while, still nobody came out, I think the birdie died in the show box. You see their FB, they only interested in newsworthy animals.

Chee bye, a lot of charities in Singapore are formed by people to make people. Get additional sideline income, or go for free tours. They only seek Instagrammable photos for publicity, shake hands with VIPs, to raise their profiles.

although BBP eats shark and shark-fins, he has a heart of gold :biggrin: