• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National Education Disaster - New MOE PSLE Grading condemns students below 65% grade

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope our new MOE Minister Chan can end the new PSLE scoring system. No doubt, students will not be pushed to get full marks (as getting 92% is the same as getting 99%), it punishes weaker students exponentially.

In O Levels grading, 60% is B4 which is a respectable score and 4x more than A1.
However in PSLE, 60% is as good as getting C6 (AL6) which is 6x more than A1.
The MOE planner plotted to raise the bar for weaker students
and make 65% is the implied passing score.

old-vs-new-psle-grading-achievement-levels-comparison.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They've made the thing worse.

I think I know what happened: a bunch of libtards and SJWs became major decision makers within MOE, and in order to not hurt snowflakes' feelings and give as many students as they possibly can the 'participation medal', they revised the scoring scale, and replaced grades with 'achievement levels' (another brilliant invention from the public sector hive mind which gave you 'ambassadors' and military experts).

By the way, where was the fail 'F' grade? Back in the day, 49 and below = fail. No fail = you all pass, you are all winners, right? :rolleyes:

Thank goodness I am not a parent. I'm not getting sucked into the MOE system again. :cool:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think this is the right way to go KNN in kindergarten you are supposed to score at least 90% else there is a great likelihood your child is low iq KNN

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This system will lump the below average together with the failure. All it do is to strengthen and identify the elite from the riff raff.
unless the new generation of Malays kids different from their elders, if not this system main losers will be them. But anyway the future Singapore economy will gear away from ppl who cannot keep up. Many manual jobs will be lost to automation.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is important to identify the dumb kids as early as possible so they can be streamed accordingly.
I recommend that the dumb kids be soylent green. Tat way we get rid of the oxygen thieves. In addition the old n infirmed should b Soylent green too....no point keeping oxygen thieves n wasting resources

karizma

Alfrescian
Loyal
The National Education Disaster has really highlighted the gaps in our education system. As a student, I’ve seen firsthand how difficult it can be to get the support we need. When I was struggling with my coursework, best nursing papers came to my rescue. Their resources helped me navigate tough assignments and kept me on track during a time when everything felt uncertain. It’s clear that having reliable support is crucial in times like these.

Last edited:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get your kid out of govt schools. Homeschool, and for the last stretch, go Uptron. He/she will be bossing sinkees in no time.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, they are using 'achievement levels' instead of grades now? Probably thought up by the same geniuses who invented the 'military expert' SAF rank. :roflmao:

Thank goodness I'm not a parent, otherwise I would inevitably get sucked into this bullshit. :cool:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Sinkieland education system is a bloody joke. I didn't know what was taught in class throughout my 4 years in secondary school. I only spent 6 weeks mugging for the O Levels and my grades (minus Maths which I had long given up) topped the whole class.