• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NASA launching historic mission to “touch” the Sun on Saturday

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
09B284D1-174B-4B42-A5BB-E045F4F6A83C.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
We see it every day, but our sun still poses countless mysteries.

On Saturday (Aug. 11), that will begin to change, as NASA launches its Parker Solar Probe, the first mission ever to get up close and personal with our star. At its closest approach, the spacecraft will fly less than 4 million miles (6 million kilometers) above the surface of the sun, directly through its blazing-hot atmosphere.

"She's a plucky little spacecraft," project scientist Nicola Fox, a solar scientist at Johns Hopkins University, told Space.com. "She's going to the last major region of our solar system to be explored." [How NASA's Parker Solar Probe Will Keep Its Cool at the Sunl]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plenty of spacecraft have studied the sun, of course, but none have had the potential of the new mission: neither its orbital path nor its instruments have been possible until now, despite 60 years of scientists' dreams. "I think the Parker Solar Probe is a fascinating mission. I think it's got something for everybody," Fox said.

The entire project cost $1.5 billion and the mission will continue until 2025. The Parker Solar Probe may not look like much: It's about 10 feet (3 meters) tall and more than 3 feet (1 m) across. Most of its instruments hide behind a giant heat shield that's almost 8 feet (2.3 m) across and 4.5 inches (11.43 centimeters) thick.

That heat shield is what takes a seven-year mission to the sun out of science fiction and makes it a reality. The shield will keep the temperature-sensitive instruments on board the spacecraft at a comfortable 85 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius).

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That heat shield is what takes a seven-year mission to the sun out of science fiction and makes it a reality.
Wow seven year Mission. Certainly Long enough for my good name to get tremendous solar power to kill all filth and shit spray from the ccb mouth of ccb Malaysians and sinkie traitor dogs spamming ccb lies of me non stop.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow seven year Mission. Certainly Long enough for my good name to get tremendous solar power to kill all filth and shit spray from the ccb mouth of ccb Malaysians and sinkie traitor dogs spamming ccb lies of me non stop.
And if anyone thinks that I am talking no sense, that’s because ccb tyrant bully @zhihau moved my valid thread on this subject then to the coalition rubbish. My Valid thread on NASA inviting public to submit name to travel with them to the sun with the title: My good name is travelling to the sun. Now everyone knows what is called rubbish to @zhihau.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's actually a 6.9-year mission, but too late, prc will already say they have been to hell and back.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's actually a 6.9-year mission, but too late, prc will already say they have been to hell and back.
No it actually only takes three months to reach the sun. They just want to hang around the sun for seven years to study it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...e-sun-space-exploration-mission-a8479066.html

How far will it travel?
The probe will travel at a speed of 430,000mph or 125 miles a second en route, making it one of the fastest ever built.

It is scheduled to loop past Venus assisted by the planet's gravity on 2 October – slowing its approach and allowing greater control – and hit the first perihelion (the point in its orbit when it is closest to the Sun) by 5 November.

On arrival, the Parker Solar Probe will orbit around the Sun 24 times until late 2025, each complete orbit taking 88 days, passing at a distance of 3.83 million miles from the Sun’s surface or photosphere on its closest approach.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it wise to venture into the unknown? Unwise people that do not venture in life gain nothing in life.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it wise to venture into the unknown? Unwise people that do not venture in life gain nothing in life.
And these unwise people think they are very wise to venture nothing and are so rude and condescending to mock people for failure in venture.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And these unwise people think they are very wise to venture nothing and are so rude and condescending to mock people for failure in venture.
And why these rude and condescending people no need to venture in life? Because they are well provided for with money making hdb or just wait to collect inheritance from their daddy. One of them is @Bad New Brown aka @AhMeng

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
And if anyone thinks that I am talking no sense, that’s because ccb tyrant bully @zhihau moved my valid thread on this subject then to the coalition rubbish. My Valid thread on NASA inviting public to submit name to travel with them to the sun with the title: My good name is travelling to the sun. Now everyone knows what is called rubbish to @zhihau.
KNN you should volunteer to travel to sun and check if your cb mouth when open there can talk KNN also can fulfil 1 of the 106 ways of cock sucking titles as stated in number 86. how is it like to suck cock in outer space KNN https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/knn-cock-sucking-blog-dedicated-to-ginfreely-knn.256714/

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your pineapple name on that list too?

1533962313268.jpeg