• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nan Xiang at Novena Charges $1 for...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 17 Sep 2009
This is absurd! Restaurant charges $1 for extra pair of chopsticks

this_is_abusrd_restaurant_charges_1_for_extra_pair_of_chopsticks-thumbnail.jpg

This restaurant at Novena is ridiculous for charging customers an extra fee for additional sets of chopsticks used, says STOMPer Lim.

Lim was outraged when the waitress at Nan Xiang first refused his request for an extra pair of chopsticks and then charged him one dollar for helping himself to a pair anyway.

In an email dated September 17, STOMPer Lim says:

"Three of us went to Nan Xiang restaurant at Novena Square 2. We ordered two sets of chicken rice meal for $6.90 each.

"I requested for an additional pair of chopsticks to share the meal with my wife.

"The waitress denied our request.

"First, I thought she was lazy, so I took a pair of chopstick from the counter myself.

"Later on, the waitress asked the cashier to charge me an extra $1 for that chopstick I took.

"The chopstick is not even the disposable type."

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXvdxA8gJGY&hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXvdxA8gJGY&hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what did i said about self opening youtube video.

stop doing that. you stupid christian trash.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXvdxA8gJGY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXvdxA8gJGY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pastors have a lot of 一百万 nowadays, especially those in mega churches.

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” (Mark 10:25)":rolleyes:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
what did i said about self opening youtube video.

stop doing that. you stupid christian trash.

bloody hell TeeKee, are you stupid or what? many of us access this during office hours. the farking thing just blare out of my pc.

you do this again, I will give you an infringement.

Ripley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not set auto play for youtube and other embedded videos. Many are surfing from the office!.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah lim ...

y u din dare 2 question ze waitress ... but hide bhind ur computer 2 stomp ppl ...

actually hor, 4 dese cases, bestest is 4 u 2 yell @ dem n raise a ruckus @ ze place ... dey r mor afraid of u wif all other diners around ... say loudly ... 'warao eh! ... oso charge me 1 lorler 4 using a pair of chopsticks ... ur chopsticks made of gold 1, ah? ... can eat 1, ah? ...' ... la ...

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a prude and it is more than telling.

"I thought she (the waitress) was lazy, so I took a pair of chopstick from the counter myself."

"The chopstick is not even the disposable type."

The restaurant deserves to be whacked since it is catering to Sinkies/Malaysians. (Teh Tarik? Homemade Barley? Combi Set? Towels?) Let's just call it "occupational hazard".

When patrons order 2 meals for 3 persons and request an extra pair of chopsticks, the restaurant is not wrong in trying to turn down such request or in charging extra. The third person is a freeloader in prime real estate.

Western restaurants charge corkage when patrons bring their own wine.

Nightclubs charge for rooms when the bills are too small (no. of patrons too few in the group or booking time too short). Some bargirls charge 5 hours after sitting with you for 2 because you didn't order hard liquor.

Some Asian restaurants charge for rice per patron rather than per bowl requested.

Patrons who request chilli sauce in Japanese restaurants have been similarly turned down. Patrons who request extra wasabi have been charged extra. It is not so much the extra cost in such instances but inappropriateness amounting to cultural insults. If you want to patronise a Japanese restaurant, then you better keep your preference for spicyness at home.

Chinese restaurants charge for tea, towels and peanuts.

Indirect charges are to cover or defray overhead costs like rental, aircon, beautiful paintings, koi ponds or gardens occupying expensive real estate, or expensive chinaware.

Some Sinkies/Malaysians want to have their piece of cake and eat it too. But there is no free lunch.

The moral of the story: If you want to open a restaurant, never design a menu with Teh Tarik-Chicken Rice on it. It is a deadly combination that is bound to attract price-conscious office workers. Or else open at a place where real estate is cheaper and hence less pressure on $$$$$.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good job this Nan Xiang, the idea is to deter those picky fussy
unreasonable customer, hope they don't come back

As for all of you surfing from office, hope your boss catches you, well done TS for setting this hahahaha

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
bloody hell TeeKee, are you stupid or what? many of us access this during office hours. the farking thing just blare out of my pc.

Why wait? Just give him an infringement. He is a pest most of the time

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello collect pay from employer, then surf net, what kind of work attitude is this

Not productive, want high pay and still complain

Get back to work, hahahahha

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good job this Nan Xiang, the idea is to deter those picky fussy
unreasonable customer, hope they don't come back

As for all of you surfing from office, hope your boss catches you, well done TS for setting this hahahaha

Hope that your PRC FTrash pets are stealing your money as u're selling your soul to your Papaya masters.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

lol...thats funny :biggrin: . he dont call himself teekee for nothing ...lol

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you must nail him to a cross ..make sure he learned his mistake . :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
oops! didn't think so far...sorry..hehe..

i think it pays to get a earphone...

now why are you guys checking out sammyboy forums during office hours?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When in office, always off the speaker, and on it only when necessary, e.g. to playback a work related commercial or presentation. Anyway, posting auto-play videos or audios is very irritating to most people, even while surfing at home.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
When in office, always off the speaker, and on it only when necessary, e.g. to playback a work related commercial or presentation. Anyway, posting auto-play videos or audios is very irritating to most people, even while surfing at home.

yes sir! i can't disable it now, since i can't edit? :biggrin: