• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat My favourite Aunt who is 76 used her iPhone as a Payphone!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Bought her an iPhone about 2, weeks ago. Finally she is willing to carry one and I can call her to check on her, and at least I know she's fine as she is staying alone.

No issue until the last two days...I just can't get through. Today, came back to sgp and immediately drove over to check on her. She opened her door and first thing I ask her why she didn't on her phone!

She replied:

No one call her except me. It's a waste of battery and charging. So she off it. She said if she needs to talk to me, then she will on the iPhone and call me to chat.

I told her it's a MOBILE PHONE, NOT A PAYPHONE! Just leave it on all the time!

Don't know whether to laugh or be angry at her. Nabei :biggrin:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i read the title "payphone", i thought she was savvy enough to use her phone for wireless payments e.g. applepay. :biggrin:

turns out that she switch off the phone and hardly uses it. :cry:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
@AhMeng you are so sweet. You are a good man, no wonder u got young ATB chicks.

Ok, here's my contributions.
Assuming you explain to her that dataplan is not free-flow like home WIFI,

You can install some games for her, introduce her youtube, and this link (that only works on phone) to enjoy:
http://live.234iptv.com/iptv.php?u=iptv333

Then slowing introduce her to our forum :thumbsup:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
@AhMeng you are so sweet. You are a good man, no wonder u got young ATB chicks.

Ok, here's my contributions.
Assuming you explain to her that dataplan is not free-flow like home WIFI,

You can install some games for her, introduce her youtube, and this link (that only works on phone) to enjoy:
http://live.234iptv.com/iptv.php?u=iptv333

Then slowing introduce her to our forum :thumbsup:
Downloaded all the news app like CNN, BBC, CNA, SCMP, etc for her to read. Transferred some ebooks to her too. No need bookmark. Just click and scroll. :biggrin:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Downloaded all the news app like CNN, BBC, CNA, SCMP, etc for her to read. Transferred some ebooks to her too. No need bookmark. Just click and scroll. :biggrin:

Very thoughtful. So impressed by you.

Maybe an Ipad will be more suitable for these apps because the screen is larger.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought her an iPhone about 2, weeks ago. Finally she is willing to carry one and I can call her to check on her, and at least I know she's fine as she is staying alone.

No issue until the last two days...I just can't get through. Today, came back to sgp and immediately drove over to check on her. She opened her door and first thing I ask her why she didn't on her phone!

She replied:

No one call her except me. It's a waste of battery and charging. So she off it. She said if she needs to talk to me, then she will on the iPhone and call me to chat.

I told her it's a MOBILE PHONE, NOT A PAYPHONE! Just leave it on all the time!

Don't know whether to laugh or be angry at her. Nabei :biggrin:
KNN @ginfreely confirmed secretly in love with you upon reading this KNN

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Why not just introduce a young yandao China tour guide to your aunt to keep her company ?:inlove:
She doesn't want even a maid! That's why I am a little worried. She's still good and healthy but I am still worried as she is alone in her semi d. Told her to move to apartment ... At least no need to do so much area cleaning.