• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

    The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muslim Trio that kidnapped, assaulted Jewish music producer in Wales given jail time

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
13,989
Points
113

The victim told the courts the attack felt like his "own personal October 7."​


654151


Faiz Shah, 23, Mohammad Comrie, 23, and Elijah Ogunnubi-Sime, 20, were sentenced on Friday at Swansea Crown Court for the abduction and assault of a Jewish-Israeli music producer Itay Kashti in August.

The men, who organized the attack in a Telegram group, had also planned to extort the victim and discussed ways of laundering the money stolen from him.


In one message shared with the court, an attacker wrote "All three of us have complete 100% faith in Allah so we can't fail."



The men, who rented a cottage near Llanbydder in Wales had lured the producer with the promise of a music workshop.

A taxi was sent to collect Kashti from his home and, after arriving at the cottage, both the Jewish man and the driver were assaulted. The taxi driver was able to shake off the attackers and leave the cottage, however, the Jewish man was unable to escape and suffered facial injuries and severe bruising as a result.

 New South Wales Police BMW Highway Patrol. (credit: Wikimedia Commons)
Enlrage image
New South Wales Police BMW Highway Patrol. (credit: Wikimedia Commons)
Kashti suffered swollen and bruised eyelids, a swollen nose and bruising to his back, knees and leg and a cut to the scalp.

After the assault concluded, the three kidnappers tied Kashti to a radiator, and told he would be killed if he tried to escape. Kashti was eventually able to escape his bindings and flee the cottage. After escaping the property, he hid from the men in the bushes and called his wife - who then contacted the police.



The men were arrested the same day.

Michael Cray, of the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “These defendants made detailed plans about what they were going to do, how to do it, and how to get away with the money.

“Despite their extensive plans, fortunately, they could not fulfil them.



“This must have been truly terrifying for the two victims, who had no idea they were walking into a trap.

“We would like to thank them for supporting this prosecution and hope the fact these offenders have been brought to justice will help them move forward with their lives."

"Mr Kashti was targeted due to his Jewish heritage," with the kidnappers "motivated by events taking place elsewhere in the world," Judge Catherine Richards said while describing the incident as “chilling.”







Sentencing the attackers

Each of the three men was sentenced to eight years and one month imprisonment. Ogunnubi-Sime, a 20-year-old from London, was sent to an institution for young offenders.

Shah’s legal representative Balbir Singh admitted the plot was "not very well planned and went wrong immediately" but his client felt "regret and remorse." Comrie’s representative told the courts the plot had been "highly amateurish in its execution" and he felt "genuine remorse."

Kashti told the courts, according to BBC News, that the assault felt like his "own personal October 7th" - a reference to Hamas’s 2023 massacre in southern Israel which saw terrorists abduct over 250 people and murder 1200.
 
The three will be remembered as martyrs. Their name entrenched in memory all. Over wales. Like Boudica.
 
Back
Top