• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mum's bad experience at KKH

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Mum's bad experience at KKH
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WOULD like to share a bad experience I had at KK Women's and Children's Hospital (KKH). On Feb 27, around 8pm, my 14-month-old son was taken there by ambulance as he had high fever and had fainted after bouts of vomiting and diarrhoea. In the ambulance, the staff tried to wake him but failed.
When we reached KKH, the staff told us to wait until we were called. After about half an hour, a nurse called us and asked for details of my son's condition.
She then took his temperature and said he had no fever. She also used a stethoscope to check for wheezing but said she found no signs. I was then asked to wait to see a doctor.
After about two hours, I noticed my son's body was hot and alerted a nurse. It was only then that I was able to see a doctor.
After examining him, the woman doctor said he was okay but for the fever, for which she suggested sponging him and prescribed some medicine. She asked me to see her again with my son after 45 minutes. When the time was up, she examined him again, said he was fine and sent us home after prescribing some medicine for vomiting and diarrhoea.
After I had given him medicine for one day, my son fell ill again and had fainting spells. On March 1, I took him to Mount Alvernia Hospital. He was found to have high temperature. I told the nurse what had happened.
The doctor who examined my son immediately admitted him to hospital, and ordered blood tests and an X-ray.
When the results were out, the doctor said my son was dehydrated and had inflammation in his lungs. He was put on a drip and given medicine for the inflammation.
My question is, why did the staff at KKH not do all this?
Hemalatha Subramaniam (Ms)

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
reminds me of my mum few years back.

she was feeling terrible and i went down with her to TTSH. after spending almost 5 hours there, the doctor say just fever and no need to stay in the hospital. She stayed another 2 hours to be "observed" and doctor say everything is fine, she can go home and rest.

i suspect dengue but he insist it is not.

2 days later my mum is feeling worst, i send to her a private hospital. Doctor there confirm it is dengue and after medication my mum felt so much better. Stayed in hospital for 3 days and discharge when she is ok.

From that time onwards, i never trust those doctors anymore, at least not 100%.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What to do, it already happened..!!, can afford Mt. Alvernia..no need to go KKH, should have gone straight there...

Z

Zombie

reminds me of my mum few years back.

she was feeling terrible and i went down with her to TTSH. after spending almost 5 hours there, the doctor say just fever and no need to stay in the hospital. She stayed another 2 hours to be "observed" and doctor say everything is fine, she can go home and rest.

i suspect dengue but he insist it is not.

2 days later my mum is feeling worst, i send to her a private hospital. Doctor there confirm it is dengue and after medication my mum felt so much better. Stayed in hospital for 3 days and discharge when she is ok.

From that time onwards, i never trust those doctors anymore, at least not 100%.

I think...

it is difficult to detect dengue especially on the first day or two, and there is no medication to treat dengue

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think...

it is difficult to detect dengue especially on the first day or two, and there is no medication to treat dengue

But an experience doctor worth his or her salt..is able to detect!...that depends on a doctor's clinical skills:rolleyes:

But the younger ones lack this skills..not all, but most!

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think...

she is already not feeling well for a week before i send her to TTSH. She was under some medication from a GP.

i don't know about any medication for dengue but her suffering was relieve quickly when she was in Mt Alvernia.

Z

Zombie

But an experience doctor worth his or her salt..is able to detect!...that depends on a doctor's clinical skills:rolleyes:

Some people do not even show any symptom while another may just have a normal fever. This is more like crystal ball gazing. :biggrin:

The reliable test is the detection kit, but you have to wait about 2-3 days once you are having a fever, for the antibodies to form.

Z

Zombie

she is already not feeling well for a week before i send her to TTSH. She was under some medication from a GP.

i don't know about any medication for dengue but her suffering was relieve quickly when she was in Mt Alvernia.

In a week, she would have built antibodies to fight dengue. Usually if she does not suffer from "internal bleeding", she should be ok.

p.s. I am no doctor :biggrin: