• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mummy Maia Lee covers up for baby

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://divaasia.com/article/5008

5008.jpg

Fri, Sep 04, 2009
The New Paper

Mummy Maia covers up for baby

THINK Maia Lee, and the rock chick image and multiple tattoos come to mind.

But of late, the controversial local singer has undergone a 'makeunder'.

And it's all because of her new 'hobby' - baby pageants.

A few months ago, Maia signed up her one-year-old daughter Julka in an online-voting baby show, where the latter was picked as Most Photogenic and came in second overall.

Julka has also snagged a couple of other Most Photogenic trophies at smaller contests.

And 26-year-old Maia covered herself up in long-sleeved outfits to conceal her body art, donned caps, hid in corners and basically blended into the surroundings.

But her efforts to remain anonymous ended when cherubic Julka came out tops in the inaugural Singapore Calendar Babies pageant last month and won $10,000 worth of prizes from Nu Reflections, Thomson Medical Centre, Mothercare and Kodomo.

Julka - whose father is Maia's ex-boyfriend, professional fighter Zidov Dominik of The Contender Asia fame - will be the cover model for a 2010 calendar, out in October.

Maia has a 7-year-old son from a previous relationship.

On concealing her identity all this while, the former Singapore Idol contestant told The New Paper: 'I did that so the (spotlight) would be on her and not me because I was there for Julka. It was her day.

'I also didn't want her to win because I'm in the entertainment industry. I want her to win because she did her best.

'I got really emotional and cried a little (over her Calendar Babies win). I was very happy for Julka.'

Until the organiser recognised her after the finals and sent out a media release about it, a 'stressed' Maia had been adamant about not wanting her involvement publicised.

'I didn't want Julka to go through the same things I went through and be labelled,' she said. 'The judges may judge differently because I am her mother and I want it to be a fair process for my daughter and the other children.'

In hindsight, Maia felt the victory is a double-edged sword as it will no doubt expose both of them to further scrutiny - both positive and negative.

'It bothers me to an extent, but I tell myself not to deprive my daughter of opportunities because of her mother's public/stage persona.

'That would be selfish - my children deserve a life as normal as possible and an equal opportunity in the things they do,' she said.

Two of the three Calendar Babies judges - Classic Mrs Worldwide International 2001 winner Anna Bian and Thomson Medical Centre's lactation consultant Chew Kwai Wah - said they were not familiar with Maia.

But they felt Julka stood out because of her spontaneity, charming personality and lack of stage fright.

Judge Veriza Yew, Miss Singapore International Beauty 2009 winner, recognised Maia but insisted it did not affect the outcome as she was won over by Julka's 'star-like quality' and 'It factor'.

Going ga-ga

Although it seems so unlike her, Maia revealed she enjoys baby pageants because it fosters 'great mother-daughter bonding'.

'We get to do girly things together. Julka seems to have fun and really enjoys being on stage and making the judges laugh.

'If she had been a kicking baby and looking like she didn't want to be there, we wouldn't do it at all.'

But it wasn't all fun and games for the youthful stage mum.

Maia recalled the early waking hours, long waiting time, and said the amount of effort put in was 'tremendous'.

She spent 10 hours making Julka's red-and-white competition dress and queued for almost two hours to audition.

And when they were shortlisted for the finals, they were in Switzerland on holiday. Maia had to order the dress materials which cost almost $400 via express mail and hope they would arrive in Singapore in time.

Meanwhile, Julka is busy being the baby model for a photography-modelling studio and will be doing another calendar shoot for Young Parents magazine and a milk powder web advert.

But Maia denies she's setting her daughter up to follow in her showbiz footsteps.

She said: 'When Julka is older, she can decide if she wants to try to be in the entertainment industry.'

This article was first published in The New Paper

R

redlightmeansgo

don't know why people are even bothered with her. She's a fucking disgrace to her family, no better than any FLs that walk the streets. In fact, she's worse: at least the FLs get paid!

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't know why people are even bothered with her. She's a fucking disgrace to her family, no better than any FLs that walk the streets. In fact, she's worse: at least the FLs get paid!

two kids with two diff man and the latter is essentially a fling with a east european ang moh...WTF?

etienne

This coming from the same holier-than-thou person who condemned other mothers for exposing their little daughters to singing/beauty contests in skimpy clothes and claiming to fight very hard to protect her children from the public. It's fun to see how she's always shooting herself in the foot :biggrin:

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,186069,00.html?

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-12-07/NP_IMAGES_SMSEX-KEGt.jpg

FOR local singer and mother-of-two Maia Lee (above), a romp in a public carpark last year turned out to be a lot less discreet than she had thought.
By Shree Ann Mathavan
08 December 2008
FOR local singer and mother-of-two Maia Lee, a romp in a public carpark last year turned out to be a lot less discreet than she had thought.

At that time, the 25-year-old and her ex-boyfriend were abroad - she declined to reveal the country.

The couple were catching a movie and were seated in the last row.

But halfway through, instead of paying attention to the movie, they started making out.

The frisky mood continued as they waited for their takeaway at a pizza parlour.

While waiting for their order to be ready, the couple went to the carpark behind the shop, where he carried her onto the bonnet of his parked car for a tryst.

She said: 'I wasn't too concerned since there wasn't anyone around.

'While some people came through the pizza parlour's backdoor to throw rubbish or make a phone call, we would freeze but we didn't giveup.'

When the couple were done, they returned to the parlour and joined the queue.

She said: 'To my horror, I saw a 21-inch screen TV that had four big screen captures of the front and back doors, the carpark, and a close-up of our car.

'Everyone was smiling at us, I thought I just died there.'

While Maia admitted she was 'utterly embarrassed', she is thankful the incident didn't take place in Singapore - so no one recognised them.

She said: 'I hope the CCTV footage will never see the light of the day.'

Looking back on the incident, Maia - who has a 6-year-old son Tyrese and a 3-month-old daughter Julka - said: 'I don't know where I got the idea to do such things from.'

Her safe sex tip:

She said there should be more awareness of Aids as misconceptions about how the disease are spread are still rampant.

Of Aids sufferers, she said: 'They are the same as any of us, but there are still people who think that you can catch Aids by air, which is untrue.'

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
safe sex tips coming from her??? what a joke.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,186069,00.html?

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-12-07/NP_IMAGES_SMSEX-KEGt.jpg

FOR local singer and mother-of-two Maia Lee (above), a romp in a public carpark last year turned out to be a lot less discreet than she had thought.
By Shree Ann Mathavan
08 December 2008
FOR local singer and mother-of-two Maia Lee, a romp in a public carpark last year turned out to be a lot less discreet than she had thought.

At that time, the 25-year-old and her ex-boyfriend were abroad - she declined to reveal the country.

The couple were catching a movie and were seated in the last row.

But halfway through, instead of paying attention to the movie, they started making out.

The frisky mood continued as they waited for their takeaway at a pizza parlour.

While waiting for their order to be ready, the couple went to the carpark behind the shop, where he carried her onto the bonnet of his parked car for a tryst.

She said: 'I wasn't too concerned since there wasn't anyone around.

'While some people came through the pizza parlour's backdoor to throw rubbish or make a phone call, we would freeze but we didn't giveup.'

When the couple were done, they returned to the parlour and joined the queue.

She said: 'To my horror, I saw a 21-inch screen TV that had four big screen captures of the front and back doors, the carpark, and a close-up of our car.

'Everyone was smiling at us, I thought I just died there.'

While Maia admitted she was 'utterly embarrassed', she is thankful the incident didn't take place in Singapore - so no one recognised them.

She said: 'I hope the CCTV footage will never see the light of the day.'

Looking back on the incident, Maia - who has a 6-year-old son Tyrese and a 3-month-old daughter Julka - said: 'I don't know where I got the idea to do such things from.'

Her safe sex tip:

She said there should be more awareness of Aids as misconceptions about how the disease are spread are still rampant.

Of Aids sufferers, she said: 'They are the same as any of us, but there are still people who think that you can catch Aids by air, which is untrue.'

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maia Lee pregnant
SINGER Maia Lee, known for her wild girl image, is pregnant.

The Stomp Star Blogger is expecting a child with Zidov Dominik, a contestant from The Contender Asia, a reality fight contest that is being shown on television here.

When Life! contacted Dominik in Koh Samui, Thailand, over the phone yesterday, he admitted that the baby is his and that they will be keeping the child.

'The baby is mine and I will be there to be his father. I will take care of the baby,' the 26-year-old Croat said.

The full-time fighter, who lives in Thailand, said that they would not be getting married.

He said he and Lee are 'not together'', and that they are just 'very good and close friends'.

Lee, 24, a single mum, has a five-year-old son, Tyrese, from a previous relationship.

She shot to fame in 2004 when she took part in the first Singapore Idol contest and dated the runner-up, Sylvester Sim.

She declined to be interviewed and would only say that the child was conceived on Christmas last year.

'I'm very happy to be pregnant,'' she said.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOCAL singer Maia Lee is going to be a mother again.

She is four months' pregnant with her second child.

The single mum has a 6-year-old son, Tyrese, from a previous relationship.

Although a recent ultrasound scan proved inconclusive, the 25-year-old former Singapore Idol contestant believes she's most likely having another boy.

But it's a pregnancy that has been fraught with uncertainty from the start.

The father of the baby is Croatian fighter Zidov Dominik, who is based in Koh Samui, Thailand.

The heavily-tattooed 27-year-old is taking part in The Contender Asia, a reality series in which 16 professional muay thai exponents slug it out to win the US$250,000 ($345,225) prize money.

Known for his aggressive fighting style, Zidov is the 2006 Swiss Sanda Champion and the current Swiss Muay Thai Champion.

The series was filmed in Singapore last year and is now airing over AXN (StarHub Ch 19) on Wednesday nights. The live finale is at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on 12 Apr.

When contacted over the phone, Zidov acknowledged that the baby is his.

He said he would be in Singapore on 8 Apr as he is appearing in a rematch at the finale.

STILL GOOD FRIENDS

Although he admitted that he and Maia are no longer in a relationship, he claimed they are still 'good friends' and will 'talk more' about their situation when he is in town.

On impending fatherhood, he told The New Paper: 'Yes, I'm feeling good about it. Of course, I was surprised (when Maia first told me she was pregnant).

'I asked her what she wanted to do about it, and she said she wanted to keep it. After thinking about it for a while, I agreed.'

Zidov said he will 'definitely' be returning to Singapore in September for the baby's birth and to register his name on the birth certificate.

He added that he would like to be involved in the baby's life 'as much as possible' and that he would like to 'see it a lot' after it is born.

But he has no immediate plans to move to Singapore, saying: 'My career in fighting is (on an upswing), so I'm focusing on that. And it's where the money's at.'

PROVIDE FINANCIAL SUPPORT

Even though Zidov hasn't given Maia any money for pregnancy-related medical expenses, he said he is open to providing financial support in future and will discuss it further with her next month.

Maia said the couple first met last September in Singapore during the filming of The Contender Asia, but got together only in November when he returned to Thailand.

They dated exclusively for a month, and she insisted it was a 'serious' relationship.

She discovered she was expecting in mid-January.

'At first, I felt joy, but then fear set in because I didn't know what Zidov would do. He was far away, and I wasn't sure about our status.

'I definitely wanted to keep the baby because I am against abortion, and he was okay with it.

'I was also fearful because I had music projects in Thailand, but now the producers have put everything on hold (because of the pregnancy).

'But I would gladly sacrifice my career for my baby.'

The ex-lovers talk once a week, during which Maia updates him about the pregnancy.

All she wants from Zidov is for him to 'have a relationship with the child, not with me, because it needs a father figure'.

She added: 'There's a possibility I might be relocating to Thailand in future for work, so we'll be in the same country.

'If he can help out and contribute financially, it'll be good and in the best interest of the child. But if he doesn't, I can still handle it, because I've never lived off men anyway.'

Maia said Tyrese has always been bugging her for a sibling.

She said: 'I kept telling him my factory was not working, but one day, I told him it's working again.

'He's excited, but I don't think he can understand where babies come from.'

She has since shown Tyrese a photograph of Zidov, and identified him as her unborn child's father who is 'overseas' and cannot be with them.

And when she broke the news to her father and sister, whom she's living with in a three-room HDB flat in Bedok North, they were neither upset nor happy.

'They said that no matter what happens, they know I'll make things work and they respect my decision.

'Anyway, I'm an adult and I'm not dependent on them financially.

'My dad was more concerned about my health because he knows my pregnancy was a difficult one.'

Maia said she went to the hospital five times because she was bleeding severely and had cramps. She was worried about suffering a miscarriage and has spent about $1,300 on medical expenses.

'It's more stabilised now, but the morning sickness is still killing me.'

Since late January, Maia has also suffered a loss of income, but declined to reveal exactly how much.

Because of her delicate condition, she has had to cancel gigs that require her to perform uptempo numbers and exert herself on stage.

MISSED CHANCES

Maia - whose only stable income now is from her Celebrity Star Blogger stint for The Straits Times' online portal Stomp - said: 'I haven't been working much, and I can only accept gigs that are not too strenuous.

'I know it's a pity that I've to let slip certain chances, but they can always happen again. I choose life over money. My pregnancy is more important.'

Isn't she concerned of what the public will think of her becoming a single mum again?

She said: 'Initially I was, but I can't hide my pregnancy for long. And there's no need for me to hide, because I'm happy.

'At the end of the day, I can answer to myself and the people I love.'

She also said she doesn't harbour any 'bitter or negative feelings' about getting herself into this situation.

'I did love Zidov and I don't regret that. And having a baby is definitely not something I regret too - I think it's heaven's blessing.

'Both of us are free spirits, and this is a good growing experience.

'I just have to learn to accept whatever comes my way and be responsible for my actions.'

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maia Lee. What a role model! Why isn't she an NMP? Nothing more, nothing less to expect from one! At what age will the baby be tattooed?

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
safe sex tips coming from her??? what a joke.

The baby's father sure wasn't wearing a condom. The only explanation could be that a big tear was made when she blew him with the condom on. Her jagged teeth did it! The guy is a globe trotting fighter. And he is now in where? Thailand! Still "good friends?" How about one for the road for old times sake?

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
no one should condemn her choice of lifestyle as it is her prerogative even though socially that lifestyle is less than ideal.... but wtf is the local media trying to potray her as a role model or something?? that is absurdity.....local media is getting crappier.....what are they trying to advocate to the youths? single motherhood...tattoos...screwing with bf and have baby after ONE month serious relationship etc etc......stop featuring her in the news for goodness sake!!!!!!

The baby's father sure wasn't wearing a condom. The only explanation could be that a big tear was made when she blew him with the condom on. Her jagged teeth did it! The guy is a globe trotting fighter. And he is now in where? Thailand! Still "good friends?" How about one for the road for old times sake?

R

redlightmeansgo

Very soon you'll have a mini united nations swarming from under her skirt.

Different colours but all come from the same chee hole!

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! Her PCB must be so damn huge that 10 bionix tanks rolling side by side can easily enter her CB! Damn!

Seriously, i wonder how her family feels about her easy ways.....

R

redlightmeansgo

Pint size body with I'm sure very very loose labia lips. 10 Bionix tanks?

Make that a battalion!

BTW, notice the ex bf's raised left fist? That was how he did most of the time: up down up down!