• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mum, child face bus driver's anger for being slow to alight

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Mum, child face bus driver's anger for being slow to alight
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Saturday, at 11.40pm, I boarded SBS service 7 (SBS 9466 G) with my eight-year-old daughter in Orchard Road, in front of the Thai Embassy.
We were seated at the back of the bus and during the journey, my daughter fell asleep. Later, around midnight, before we reached our destination opposite the former Hong Wen School in Little India, I woke my daughter and pressed the bell.
As my daughter had just woken up and was rather unstable in her movement, I waited for the bus to stop and immediately walked to the exit. Two other passengers alighted at the same stop.
When we had almost reached the exit, the bus driver simply closed the door and drove off, without checking if all the passengers had alighted. I pressed the bell again but the driver showed no sign of stopping. I then told him I wanted to alight.
Reluctantly, he stopped the bus and shouted at me in Mandarin, asking me to alight quickly as he would not normally stop the bus just for me to alight. He further scolded me for taking my own sweet time to alight without taking into consideration that I needed to take care of my young daughter.
The driver behaved rudely and disregarded SBS' core belief in treating people with respect and maintaining safety as its top priority.
Ong Puay San (Mdm)

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
kept quiet in front of the bus driver...complain queen when write to papers...tak gracious leh...

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
a Malaysian bus captain complained bitterly to me that after driving for more than a decade, he still only earns thousand-odd, leaves for work at 4am and comes back late.

recently resigned and ran back to Malaysia after borrowing money from finance company, rental also unpaid.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Wen School is in Victoria Street after Jalan Sultan junction, more than 1km from Little India. Anyway, I take this type of complaint with a good dose of salt, pepper and MSG. It's common that passengers (both adults and children) fell asleep and overslept and missed their stops.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Mum, child face bus driver's anger for being slow to alight

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Saturday, at 11.40pm, I boarded SBS service 7 (SBS 9466 G) with my eight-year-old daughter in Orchard Road, in front of the Thai Embassy.
We were seated at the back of the bus and during the journey, my daughter fell asleep. Later, around midnight, before we reached our destination opposite the former Hong Wen School in Little India, I woke my daughter and pressed the bell.
As my daughter had just woken up and was rather unstable in her movement, I waited for the bus to stop and immediately walked to the exit. Two other passengers alighted at the same stop.
When we had almost reached the exit, the bus driver simply closed the door and drove off, without checking if all the passengers had alighted. I pressed the bell again but the driver showed no sign of stopping. I then told him I wanted to alight.
Reluctantly, he stopped the bus and shouted at me in Mandarin, asking me to alight quickly as he would not normally stop the bus just for me to alight. He further scolded me for taking my own sweet time to alight without taking into consideration that I needed to take care of my young daughter.
The driver behaved rudely and disregarded SBS' core belief in treating people with respect and maintaining safety as its top priority.
Ong Puay San (Mdm)

Blue6

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can just imagine a similar scenario in Japan. The difference will be that the woman will be profusely apologising to the driver for the inconvenience as she struggles with a sleepy child. The driver in return will be reply that's it's no big deal but to take her time and be careful as she alights. One must acknowledge the existence of the other, then there will be harmony which is a natural by product of courtesy.