• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mt Everest vs Bungee Jumping

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, had a call from a good friend seeking help to talk to his 18 yrs old son about bungee jumping. This friend knew my views on it and thought it might help the kid.

Kid came over and first thing he told me was that it was a personall challenge that he set himself. I asked why and he told me that it was the fastest way to fight his fear and he thought anyone who did it was brave. I told him he was absolutely right. He looked awkwardly and wondered why I agreed.

I told him, it was the consequences that I was not prepared to face and he asked me what I meant.

I told him if he tried climbing Mt Everest and he perished while doing so, his family, friends and even strangers will talk about it. The sheer audacity to tackle one of the great wonders of this world would garner him and his family tremendous prestige - just don't make a fool of yourself like Khoo.

However if he died while bungee jumping, his parents will be berated and he would have been thought a fool. I also told him that all accidents I knew of involving bungee jumping did not arise from the rope breaking but platform giving way, dying of heartache, misjudged elasticity of rope etc. I also told him in time, his own parents will pretend that he never existed and no one will talk about it to avoid sniggers.

I could see him turn white and began nodding. I told him anyone who was prepared to conquer fear can bungee jump but the same cannot be applied to climbing everest, exploring the amazon of even climbing Mt Kinabalau. It takes hard work, planning and the will to go the distance.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
a friend once told me _ if a car run you down while you were crossing the road that is it, you know, your time is up you have no choice you can't do anything about it _ but, if you drown in the pool while swimming, you ask for it, you know, nobody forces you in the pool in the first place

damn him, I have not been in any pool since