• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M'sian woman found dead at Ang Mo Kio was cheerful person, say colleagues

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/413974/1/.html

M'sian woman found dead at Ang Mo Kio was cheerful person, say colleagues
By 938LIVE | Posted: 09 March 2009 0853 hrs

phpmYqE6E.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE: 21-year-old Chong Kar Yan, who fell to her death on Saturday morning at Block 565 at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, was described by colleagues as a cheerful person.

They are puzzled over news of her death as she's been happy with her new workplace.

Originally from Ipoh, Malaysia, Ms Chong has been working here for over two years.

Speaking to 938LIVE, colleagues of Ms Chong confirmed she started working just three weeks ago, as a helper at a coffee shop along Bishan Street 12.

One colleague, 62-year-old Ms Chen Hai Hua remembers her fondly.

She said: "She's very nice, dresses well, and is also polite. She’s affectionate, cheerful and even calls me grandmother... I'm saddened to learn of her death. I didn't even know about it till I heard from my colleagues."

Another colleague, 45-year-old Mr Lam who treated the deceased as a god-daughter said she's responsible and well-liked.

He recalls their last conversation on Friday night.

"She said she was happy working here and said goodbye to everyone. I found it strange and wanted to ask her why. But she just left in a rush," he said.

Mr Lam noticed that a fellow Malaysian, 19-year-old Tan Teck Soon has been trying to woo Ms Chong.

He said Mr Tan who works at a construction company in the Hougang area, would wait for her work to end before leaving together around 11pm on his motorbike.

But Mr Lam didn't think that they were a good match.

Ms Chong was believed to have fallen from the 12th floor of the block.
Mr Tan fell shortly after.

He survived the fall and is currently in Tan Tock Seng Hospital for his injuries.

He's believed to have caused her death and has since been charged for murder. - 938LIVE/vm

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/413770/1/.html

Man arrested for murder at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
Posted: 07 March 2009 2114 hrs

phpYUsFSG.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE: Police are investigating the murder of 21-year-old Chong Kar Yin, a Malaysian woman who was found dead at the foot of Blk 565 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3.

The body of Ms Chong was found lying motionless on the ground at the construction area in front of the block early Saturday morning.

She was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.

An injured man was also found lying inside the construction area.

The 20-year-old Malaysian was conveyed conscious to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

He was arrested and would be charged for murder on Sunday.

- CNA/yt