• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP reply to 7-8 months bonus:"bonuses are confidential."

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://wayangparty.com/?p=6104

Background:

Last week, we publish an open letter to Dr Teo Ho Pin seeking clarifications on the bonuses received by staff of CDC last year. He did not reply to our email. However, one of our readers, Paul, managed to get a short reply from him after a second attempt. We attached below the correspondences between Paul and Dr Teo

3 March 2009

Dear Mr Teo,

I came across this. Can u confirm if this is correct or not.

Thks

North West CDC staff Getting 7 months bonusPostby Johnlaw2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 am

You know last year Singapore GDP is 1.1%. North West CDC Mayor Mr TEO loses some money at Lehman Bro Mini bond which is graded “AAA” when the subprime Crisis occur and Bear Stearn is about to collapse and Freddie
and Fannie Mae are in deep trouble.

This time,At North West District sembawang jobs fair,4800 people finding $1000 SGD jobs has to queue up so long.

But anyone know Mr Teo North West CDC staff getting 7 Months Bonus? This is a shock for me too. All along i though CDC is caring for North west district residents benifits.

They help people look for such low pay job but themselves getting so high pay from people money during such serious recession? Is this the type of country Singapore has become? Is this a Norm for Civil Servants to get 7 month Bonus and One Month AWS during such a serious recessionary period when Singapore GDP can decline to negative 8% this year ?

6 March 2009

Dear Mr Teo,

I sent an email 3 days ago and did not recieve a reply.

Just in case it was not received the first time, I am resending this now .

Look forward to your response soon.

Regards

Paul

7 March 2009

All staff at the CDCs are under People’s Association and WDA. Their salary and bonuses are confidential.

Dr Teo Ho Pin

8 March 2009

Dear Mr Teo,

Thank your for your belated reply.

I should reiterate that I did not ask HOW MUCH the bonus was.

I asked if staff got 7-8 months bonus. It is a general and justified question to ask as funds come from tax payers. It is therefore not out of order to ask this simple question and receive a direct reply esp in the face of many people losing their jobs and having their salaries cut.

I therefore would appreciate a direct reply soon.

Thanks

Paul

EDITORS’ NOTE:

Why are the salaries and bonuses of CDC staff confidential when even ministers and MPs are required to reveal their range of salaries?

As the CDC staff are paid for by taxpayers’ monies, Singaporeans have the right to know how much they are paid. We are not demanding PA or Dr Teo to give us exact figures here. All we ask for is for them to confirm if the rumors circulating around in cyberspace are indeed true.

So far, we have only received vague, indirect answers from PA and a non-answer by Dr Teo. Their continued refusal to clarify matters will lead to more doubts, suspicions and speculations on the ground.

Since PA claims that the CDC staff’s bonuses are within the guidelines of the National Wage Council, they should have nothing to fear by telling us the range of bonuses given to CDC staff last year for us to judge for ourselves if they are indeed justified.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah just like asking the PAPpies ministers are there hairs or hairless at their private parts, and they will tell you the same thing," It is confidential."

:biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confidential = truth of the matter. You asked the fruit vendor whether their apples got worm? they will tell you is confidential and you know the answer from there.