• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moyes: Rooney will never be bigger than Man United

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Moyes: Rooney will never be bigger than Man United

254232_heroa.jpg

By Tom Etherington96
Jul 14, 2013 9:17:00 AM

The new Red Devils boss has told the striker he won't be calling the shots at Old Trafford and that Robin van Persie remains the club's first choice striker

David Moyes says Wayne Rooney will never be bigger than Manchester United and warned the press he will not allow speculation surrounding his future to become a media circus.

The England striker has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford ever since Sir Alex Ferguson revealed the striker asked to leave in May, and speculation over his future has intensified after he flew home from United's pre-season tour of Asia with a hamstring injury.

MOYES: ROONEY NOT FOR SALE

But, while Moyes remains adamant that Rooney will not be sold this summer, he insists the forward will never be allowed to call the shots at Old Trafford.

"Manchester United isn’t about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team, the club," Moyes said.

"We are talking about him now, and rightly so, but I won’t allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club."

The Scot, who lost his first game in charge to a Thailand All-Stars side on Saturday, then suggested the England international will be second choice to Robin van Persie again next season.

"Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him and I want as many options as possible," he added.

"Wayne’s got a major part to play because we need to try and get him as many goals as we possibly can.

"It’s going to be a time to see how I work with him. Wayne, in a way, fits that as well. We need to see how it works. Maybe in a year’s time we might have to look at something else."

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester United 'not afraid' to run Rooney contract down

279878_heroa.jpg

By Tom Etherington42
Jul 14, 2013 12:44:00 PM

The 27-year-old has two years left on his current deal at Old Trafford but the champions have no plans to offer him a new deal, despite growing speculation over his future

Manchester United’s new chief executive Ed Woodward has revealed the club have no plans to sit down with Wayne Rooney over a new contract.

Rooney was sent home from the club’s tour of Asia this week with a hamstring problem, leading to renewed speculation over his future with the Premier League champions.

The England international still has two years remaining on his current deal at Old Trafford and Woodward insists the club are in a position to let his deal near its end before offering a new one.

"Our number one priority right now is to try to develop our transfer plans in terms of players in – not those going out, or talking about new contracts," he said.

"I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary.

"Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

Rooney continues to be linked with summer moves to Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain, but United and new boss David Moyes are adamant that the 27-year-old is not for sale.

"On Wayne Rooney it’s quite simple – he’s not for sale," Woodward added. "That won’t change even if anyone comes in for him because he has two years left on his contract.

"I’m not surprised it’s being reported that clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal want him because he’s a top player. But he’s not for sale and we won’t be selling him.

"He’s a brilliant player who is 52 goals away from being the club’s top goalscorer, beating one of the biggest legends in the game in Bobby Charlton."

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rooney's relationship with Manchester United reaches total breakdown

255176_heroa.jpg

Jul 17, 2013 8:55:00 AM

The England striker is understood to be "angry and confused" at David Moyes' recent comments which suggested he would remain a back-up option to Robin van Persie

By Greg Stobart

Wayne Rooney's relationship with Manchester United has reached total breakdown.

Sources close to the striker have made it known that he is “angry and confused” by comments made by United manager David Moyes suggesting he is second choice to Robin van Persie.

Rooney, who has left United’s pre-season tour of Australia and the Far East with a hamstring injury, is fuming with the Scot and feels there is no way back for him at Old Trafford.

"Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him,” said Moyes over the weekend. “I want as many options as possible."

Rooney has expressed his anger to United’s hierarchy and the 27-year-old remains convinced he has no future at United, as revealed by Goal in May, with Chelsea and Arsenal competing for his signature.

The conflict between Rooney and United is set to become even more heated in the coming weeks, with the player yet to submit a written transfer request.

United’s official position is that Rooney will not be sold, but Moyes’ comments are regarded as a calculated move to undermine the England star, who has two years left on his contract and feels he is at the peak of his career after nine years at Old Trafford.

Rooney is understood to have been further angered by Ed Woodward, United’s new chief executive, who has revealed the club will not offer him a new deal and are prepared to let him run down his contract.

Woodward said: "There are no contract renewals that are being discussed. I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary.

"Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

Rooney has grown increasingly frustrated with his downgraded status at Old Trafford, which culminated in him being dropped for United's biggest game of the season, the last-16 Champions League second round tie against Real Madrid.

Contrary to reports that Rooney’s relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson is central to his desire to quit the club he joined in 2004, sources have said that the striker is also opposed to working under Moyes, who was his first manager in professional football and with whom he had a bitter fall-out following his departure from Everton.