• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mourning 25 years of the demise of a free and independent press

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was an occasion of double joy for SPH today. A new corporate logo was unveiled in conjunction with its 25th anniversary celebrations.

I can’t help wondering how much the re-design of the same name cost the shareholders which brought up to mind the $400,000 of taxpayers’ monies spent by Mah Bow Tan to rename ‘Marina Bay’ back to its original moniker in 2005 (read news report here)

The event was hosted by ex-DPM Tony Tan in presence of the President S R Nathan and PAP ministers Dr Lee Boon Yang and Mr Lui Tuck Yew.

A beaming S R Nathan recalled his experience during his stint with SPH:

‘When I accepted the job of heading Straits Times Press,…… the then Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, told me: ‘Nathan, I’m giving you The Straits Times. It has something like 150 years of history. It is like a bowl of china. You break it, I can piece it together again, but it will never be the same. Try not to. I am proud to say that the bowl that was handed to me and passed on to successor leaders of SPH remains unbroken - in fact it has achieved a better glow with successive years. ‘ (read full article here)

Hitler’s Minister of Propaganda Joseph Goebbels would be proud of Lee Kuan Yew if he is alive. Nazi propaganda lasted no more than a decade. The PAP myth is going into its 50th anniversary and still going strong.

How can the ‘bowl’ of SPH be broken when it enjoys a 100% monopoly and is owned 100% by the government? Other than North Korea, China and Myanmar, I cannot think of any other country where its print media is completely under the thumb of the government.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=7201

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
you forget Vietnam, cuba and Libya.

Kena ranked 154th very happy, at least no last,,,,, better than many others