• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mother Joins Son's Cult. SILLY?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Keep an open mind even if you live by thou-shalt-nots
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I refer to the letter by Mr Winston Chin, 'I'd rather live by the thou-shalt-nots', published last Sunday. In it, he referred to a piece titled 'Church pastors like none other', published in The Sunday Times on Oct 5, which had featured the founders of two of Singapore's so-called megachurches: New Creation Church (NCC) and City Harvest Church.
I find it sad that Mr Chin felt the report had confirmed his observations and views of the two churches.
Just as it takes time and effort to get to know a person, it takes time and effort to get to know a church, its pastors and the doctrines they expound. An open mind and a non-judgmental attitude are also prerequisites.
Let me state from the outset that my husband and I are members of a traditional church. However, for the past few months, we have been visitors at NCC. We wanted to observe the services first-hand, so we could establish if the doctrines being expounded were biblical. This was because our son was keen to join NCC as a member.
We had obviously heard disturbing talk about NCC and Pastor Joseph Prince. However, we did not want to rely on hearsay. Instead, we wanted to make a fair and objective assessment.
No church or organisation is perfect - not NCC nor the church that my husband and I belong to. What mattered to us was which doctrines were being taught and who was being glorified.
We are sorry to disappoint the critics of NCC.
Over the past few months, we have not heard Pastor Prince glorify himself. His bible-based messages constantly focus on God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
In one sermon, he noted that he would have failed in his task if NCC members went away saying he was a great speaker. He considers his job done only when they say Jesus has been glorified during his sermon.
Mr Chin's letter does, however, serve a very useful purpose for the two megachurches. It warns of the perils that can surface when large, successful churches let their guard down and lose their focus.
Christie Loh (Ms)

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Keep an open mind even if you live by thou-shalt-nots
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I refer to the letter by Mr Winston Chin, 'I'd rather live by the thou-shalt-nots', published last Sunday. In it, he referred to a piece titled 'Church pastors like none other', published in The Sunday Times on Oct 5, which had featured the founders of two of Singapore's so-called megachurches: New Creation Church (NCC) and City Harvest Church.
I find it sad that Mr Chin felt the report had confirmed his observations and views of the two churches.
Just as it takes time and effort to get to know a person, it takes time and effort to get to know a church, its pastors and the doctrines they expound. An open mind and a non-judgmental attitude are also prerequisites.
Let me state from the outset that my husband and I are members of a traditional church. However, for the past few months, we have been visitors at NCC. We wanted to observe the services first-hand, so we could establish if the doctrines being expounded were biblical. This was because our son was keen to join NCC as a member.
We had obviously heard disturbing talk about NCC and Pastor Joseph Prince. However, we did not want to rely on hearsay. Instead, we wanted to make a fair and objective assessment.
No church or organisation is perfect - not NCC nor the church that my husband and I belong to. What mattered to us was which doctrines were being taught and who was being glorified.
We are sorry to disappoint the critics of NCC.
Over the past few months, we have not heard Pastor Prince glorify himself. His bible-based messages constantly focus on God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
In one sermon, he noted that he would have failed in his task if NCC members went away saying he was a great speaker. He considers his job done only when they say Jesus has been glorified during his sermon.
Mr Chin's letter does, however, serve a very useful purpose for the two megachurches. It warns of the perils that can surface when large, successful churches let their guard down and lose their focus.
Christie Loh (Ms)

Wow .... must really salute .... the Prince of all cons ....:eek:

skndr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have heard Prince's sermon before.
My description to listening to the message is akin to reading The New Paper.

New Paper: Easy to read, no facts, just story-telling, no real stuff, not meaty.
Prince's sermon: Easy to listen, make a few scripture reference, just story-telling, no real stuff, not meaty.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give a customer what they want, not what you have.

If the customer wants to hear something that justifies their actions,
then the "preacher" should do that and not give them some sermon
on "its harder for a rich man to go to heaven than a camel to go
thru the eye of the needle" stuff.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

New Paper: Easy to read, no facts, just story-telling, no real stuff, not meaty.
Prince's sermon: Easy to listen, make a few scripture reference, just story-telling, no real stuff, not meaty.

Well. If he is too meaty with constant damnations and exhortations of sinners (like TylerDurden and TeeKee) going to hell, dun think many pple will be attending the church leow.

PEOPLE WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. duh

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christie Loh (Ms)

Why does a married woman sign off as a Ms?

Shouldn't it be Mrs (never mind about the maiden thing unless a woman find it shameful to use the husband family name)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is these kind of preacher that fills the pew overflowing with people, but not heaven! Quality or quantity!, you judge!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is these kind of preacher that fills the pew overflowing with people, but not heaven! Quality or quantity!, you judge!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPw7hL6xPMc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPw7hL6xPMc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0keb4kImuUY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0keb4kImuUY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This video is once posted by bro drifter, check it out :biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUj8hg5CoSw&feature=related"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUj8hg5CoSw&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This video is once posted by bro drifter, check it out :biggrin:

this is in response to your video!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/de7kisfQ1vY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/de7kisfQ1vY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>