• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moronic Reply By Tartman to Ho Jinx's Reckless Punting!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>May 17, 2009
TEMASEK'S PERFORMANCE
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Govt takes long-term view <!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Mavis Toh
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->
THE Government takes an overall and long-term view when it comes to investments such as those made by state-owned investment vehicle Temasek Holdings, said Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Saturday night.
'What matters to the Government is the overall performance,' he said, adding that an investment should be assessed 'over the long term'.
'We track, engage and evaluate the performance. But we don't just look at six months or one year,' he said.
And over the last five years, Temasek has not underperformed but has instead 'come out significantly ahead' of other major investors.
'I don't think anyone can honestly say that they've done badly compared with other major investors.'
He also pointed out that all major investors have been significantly affected by the global downturn over the last year.
He made these points at a grassroots event when asked to comment on how the Government regarded the losses chalked up by Temasek following its sale of Bank of America (BoA) shares.
It was reported yesterday that Temasek Holdings sold all its BoA shares in the first three months of this year, resulting in estimated losses of between US$2.3 billion (S$3.4 billion) and US$4.6 billion.
Temasek's involvement in BoA stemmed from its US$5.1 billion investment in Merrill Lynch. It had held a 13.7 per cent stake in the investment bank, making it the largest shareholder.
Temasek's entire stake was subsequently converted into BoA shares in January following the bank's completion of the acquisition of Merrill Lynch. This gave the investment company about a 3 per cent stake in BoA, or a holding of 188.8 million shares. Read the full story in The Sunday Times today.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What will our prataman say? Can he come out and say something to entertain us? I thought he holds the second key to those money. Can we hold another petition requesting president to sack pap.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where got moronic?

He's paid millions to lie, so it's pretty good acting.
Even Hollywood actors cannot say this with such straight faces.

The real morons are the sinkie voters who die die must find justification to support PAP even when they know they are being cheated.

For an example of a true 66.6 moron, check my own thread http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=28561

tiulehloudau

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where got moronic?

He's paid millions to lie, so it's pretty good acting.
Even Hollywood actors cannot say this with such straight faces.

The real morons are the sinkie voters who die die must find justification to support PAP even when they know they are being cheated.

For an example of a true 66.6 moron, check my own thread http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=28561

ha ha ha.....don't blame the 66.6 lah ......blame your parent for giving birth to you to the 33.3 group that always kena left right centre and back of whatever you do is not going well.........:rolleyes: smart alex.....

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha ha.....don't blame the 66.6 lah ......blame your parent for giving birth to you to the 33.3 group that always kena left right centre and back of whatever you do is not going well.........:rolleyes: smart alex.....

TLLM messing with 33.3% wor?!

That's 1 million cocks and pussies waiting to squirt onto your pussy/lanjiao face sia!?!

:biggrin:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What will our prataman say? Can he come out and say something to entertain us? I thought he holds the second key to those money. Can we hold another petition requesting president to sack pap.

kuw42.jpg

"What? You want me to repeat what u all and makapaaa already know?
Ok i can flip pratas without battling an eyelid" hehe..

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it obvious by now that the $$$million are only good at reading from templates regardless of the situation? FARK THESE CCBs!

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's quite sad. Those billions could have be used in a more beneficial way to help the citizens. Imagine setting up a fund to support the lower-income family or implementing some really useful assistance to the needy. I would rather the money be given out to Singaporeans that lost to the wilderness.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
PrataMan was honoured by the Japs for applying his Kempeitai training to help Old Autocrat pulverise his enemies. In addition, Prataman's was happy to proclaim while the Japs give his peasants a good beating, the regime is happy to move on.

This is obviously music to the japs ears because they have been using vague language to describe their role during WWII.

Prataman and Old Autocrat are happy to be friends of the Japs because both depended on them for $$$ during the WWII and was able to use some Jap investment $$$ to kickstart the industrialization program after Independence.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's quite sad. Those billions could have be used in a more beneficial way to help the citizens. Imagine setting up a fund to support the lower-income family or implementing some really useful assistance to the needy. I would rather the money be given out to Singaporeans that lost to the wilderness.

there is 'help' for the poor.

They are interrogated like criminals n jailed when they are upset by the questioning method used :biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
She ought to be stripped naked and parade around Padang, and say sorry to all Singaporeans!?!

:oIo: :oIo:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that's the case, just hire any finance student fresh from uni to run the portfolio. afterall, in the long run you'll definitely make a return. total bollocks.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can also lose billions. You can just pay me half of Mdm Ho's salary and bonus. I can lose as much as she did!