• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Sinkies are being retrenched but foreigners are still here to compete with Sinkies.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The CNA story focus more on foreigners looking for jobs after layoffs. Our media should stop calling them foreign talents. They are not. That's our CNA, promoting foreigners.

Tech firms in Singapore laid off 1,270 workers from July to mid-November 2022, and the job cuts have continued into 2023. Tech companies like Facebook parent Meta, Twitter, Microsoft and Google have all been axing staff.

“Months after being laid off, many affected workers in Singapore are still struggling to gain employment,” CNA reported.

A Chinese female who was retrenched by Meta applied for 20 to 30 positions similar to her last recruiting role with no results. That is to say, she was working in the HR department of Meta previously.

She moved to Singapore from China on an employment pass in mid-last year. After she was retrenched in December, she furiously looked for job openings in Singapore. She has since had calls with ten potential employers, and interviews with half as many, but still ended up without offers.

The China national thought that the salary requirement of at least $5,000 for an employment pass (EP) was the main problem. “Most of the companies, they talk to me and they say they can (offer me a job). But … in the end, they may just prefer locals,” she said.

She finally decided to return home after a fruitless search. Back at home, she quickly got a job also in the HR department but with a lower salary when converted to SGD.

CNA also interviewed another foreign talent who was retrenched from Meta. The person moved to Singapore from India in July last year. He worked in Meta’s payments engineering team but was also retrenched in December.

Out of the 30 over roles he has since applied for software engineering roles, he received only two job offers in early February. This was despite more than 15 follow-up calls and interviews with potential employers.

“It was competitive. For four to five companies I went (for interviews) till the last round and got rejected, so the market is tough at the moment,” he said.

“It’s quite stressful, I had to sit down in my bedroom for the whole day, go for a walk in the evening. Weekends and weekdays are the same to me.”

He accepted one of the two offers before flying back to see his family first. The Manpower Ministry finally approved his EP and he was happy. But 3 days before flying back to Singapore to start work, the company abruptly revoked the job offer as it had undergone a reorganisation and no longer had the budget to hire new staff.

Desperate, he hastily returned to Singapore to restart the “painful process” of sending out applications. As he is on a social visit pass, he will only have one more month to look for jobs. He told CNA that if he can’t get a job in Singapore this time, he will call it quits and return home.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are talent they won't be chopped,n worse as a talent nobody want to hire,lol,let the 60% get layoff,let then song,lol

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are funny ,when they get layoff,they kept quiet,unlike foreigners n PR all broadcast it,some even ask papaigs to get them jobs,no wonder Papaigs call them talent,lol,those rich n talented won't be here ,those here as PR n foreigners are those CMI in their country or other countries,sg is brand as a rubbish chute,like papigs all CMI,did anyone see Papigs left n make it in life in business world? None,60 % are hopeless feeding these bunch of useless papigs with high pay ,lol

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG get the Govt deserve.jpg