• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More eating on MRT

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_398687.html?vgnmr=1

More eating on MRT
By Maria Almenoar

sg-eat.jpg

The majority of commuters are apologetic when caught, and stop eating or drinking immediately. -- PHOTO: STOMP

COMMUTERS are caught munching or sipping at drinks at the Orchard MRT station at least five times a day.

Curry puffs, biscuits and soft drinks in plastic cups are the snacks of choice in the no-eating, no-drinking zones that are MRT stations.

'Their favourite excuse is that they rushing somewhere and this was their dinner,' said Mr Ng Chee Siang, an SMRT officer of two years who does a patrol every hour.

The majority of commuters are apologetic when caught, and stop eating or drinking immediately. They are let off with a warning.

Then there are the recalcitrant.

Said Mr Ng, 34: 'One student was blatantly eating a burger on the train and when I told him to stop, he said 'Just fine me, I don't care'.'

The fine is usually $30, even for repeat offenders.

But if the case goes to court, the offender may be fined up to $500.

Last year, 626 commuters were fined for eating and drinking, more than double the 280 in 2006.

In 2007, 548 people were fined.

Read the full report in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT official should administer 100 strokes cannings on their bare buttocks as a deterant to these vandalising behavour, and take photos to display at all stations to warn possible offenders.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Said Mr Ng, 34: 'One student was blatantly eating a burger on the train and when I told him to stop, he said 'Just fine me, I don't care'.'

We should learn from the student. A person who got balls, wonderful.

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
To : HR manager,
Singapore Mass Rapid Transit Corporation

Self recommandation of job as a Train Cabin Auditor and supervisor.

I would like to intordoce myslef to to be emplyed by SMRT as an above mentioned post, I can garantee to spot and catch the commuter for the illegal action in the cabin.

If you're able to pay my salary of S$2,500 monthly, and would like to work from 8:30 am to 8.30 pm normal working hour with request of overtime needed, depends on situation.

Should you hire me, I will definitely improve the situation and keep the SMRT cabin free of trash and build up the good image of Singapore.

As I am now jobless, because of the FT, I will make sure All FTs follow the rules and regulation of my country.

Thank you very much and appreciate your help of Singapore Citizen.

regards,
KCJ

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public humiliation will be another way to stop their inconsiderate act.

Take their photos and paste them on all MRT stations after they pay the fine.

sg-eat.jpg

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public humiliation will be another way to stop their inconsiderate act.

Take their photos and paste them on all MRT stations after they pay the fine.

sg-eat.jpg

MRT is the culprit to encourage eating on train cos they do not take action.

If they enforce the $500 fine...i guarantee no one will eat on mrt train

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eating is better than cutting nails, big backside occupy 2 seats, smelly armpit etc :smile: