• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More dirt thrown at MP Denise Phua

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was meant to send a strong message of deterrence to Singaporeans not to “mess around” with their PAP MPs, but it is turning out to be a protracted farce promising to dredge out more dirt to embarrass the PAP.

Unlike MP torcher Ong Kah Chua who was deemed “mentally unfit” to claim trial and was remanded indefinitely in the Institute of Mental Health at the minister’s pleasure, rag-and-bone man Ng Kim Ngweng who was charged with intimidating his PAP MP got the chance to tell his side of the story in court. (read ST report here)

And he did not minced his words as he recalled his tortuous encounter with his MP Denise Phua at the Meet-the-People session:

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=6560

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly, those who had the opportunity to approach the PAP MP for some help, would encounter what this man had gone through.

To be fair, the MP do try to find the time see the residents.

The RC's members behaviour at these meet the people sessions are less than friendly, and smack of haughtniness. They come across to whomever they cross path with as people whose intention is to serve their own selfish interests, rather than doing a fair & transparent service to the people.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
so who do you think the court will side ?

Ahloongkunie man ???

It was meant to send a strong message of deterrence to Singaporeans not to “mess around” with their PAP MPs, but it is turning out to be a protracted farce promising to dredge out more dirt to embarrass the PAP.

Unlike MP torcher Ong Kah Chua who was deemed “mentally unfit” to claim trial and was remanded indefinitely in the Institute of Mental Health at the minister’s pleasure, rag-and-bone man Ng Kim Ngweng who was charged with intimidating his PAP MP got the chance to tell his side of the story in court. (read ST report here)

And he did not minced his words as he recalled his tortuous encounter with his MP Denise Phua at the Meet-the-People session:

Read rest of article here:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Hasley

Honestly having seen my share of "angry" people at MPs. I can't help but feel that the nub of that "idiots" complaints boiled down to two things.

1. She was smiling and was proud.
2. Her surbodinates was a bit loud and rude.

I mean come on its expected that your MP or any customer service rep would have to smile ......but his complain that she was to smiley and proud ? I find it frankly ludicrous.

There might have been some substance with regards to subordinates not being polite but is it justification enough to hit or threaten to hit ?

Locke

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
....The RC's members behaviour at these meet the people sessions are less than friendly, and smack of haughtniness. They come across to whomever they cross path with as people whose intention is to serve their own selfish interests, rather than doing a fair & transparent service to the people.

I totally absolutely agree with you. Just out of curiousity, has anyone visited Ghim Moh? Do you know that the the Ghim Moh HDB flat area, there is a bird sanctuary? The last time I went there, I even saw Peacock. I asked my friend who stayed there how come got this kind of thing. She replied that it is the pet project of the RC. Seems like one of the top management liked birds. Donno if the authority came and kill all the birds during 2001-2002 or not.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an interesting case. I think this guy should be behind bars as he sounds like deadbeat and behaves like a thug for some oneaged 49. By the way, his son is staying in a school boarding house for free and he does not seem to be grateful.

However I noticed that all the people that are testifying against him appear to be coached. Criminal Intimidation without a weapon is more or less meaningless. Every second of the day, there will some threathening to kill, shoot, clobber, hantum , burn down, hammer someone else. Verbal threats are just that 99% of the time.

They all seem to use the tecnical term "alarmed" particularly Denise Phua. They all seem scared shit, fear for their lives etc. I was amused that she only heard the recording in court.

They should have charged him for verbal threat etc, get a restraining / protection order.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, those who had the opportunity to approach the PAP MP for some help, would encounter what this man had gone through.

The RC's members behaviour at these meet the people sessions are less than friendly, and smack of haughtniness. They come across to whomever they cross path with as people whose intention is to serve their own selfish interests, rather than doing a fair & transparent service to the people.

those RC dogs and their owner will only act friendly/caring infront of the camera, ...

jw5

Loyal

Perhaps it is time that some of these haughty RC members are named.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
those RC dogs and their owner will only act friendly/caring infront of the camera, ...

yes... and the RC dogs try to run away when I post a question. This is what happen few years back.... when MP and her dogs came to my door steps for house-to-house vists....

As the few units close to my house are frequently disturbed by AH LONG, they painted the lifts and stair case. I got no chance to speak to the MP... so before they left.. i spoke to 2 RC dogs... ask them to "do something about it"... and guess what happen...

1 dog smile and acknowledge the problem... and quickly run away, no idea how to answer

another dog... smile and tell me "this is a social problem"... and also run away .... :mad:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mind I produce the article here:

More dirt dredged out in hearing of MP threat case

March 18, 2009 by admin
Filed under Daily Musings

Leave a comment

By Eugene Yeo

1. He was made to wait 4 hours before he got to see her.

2. When he saw her, instead of showing empathy to him, she was smiling and “looking proud”.

3. Apparently the aid given to him was paltry which prompted him to tell her off: “Don’t forget, you just care that you have eaten enough and don’t bother whether other people are alive or dead”

4. As he was leaving, a beefy residents’ committee member shouted at him and looked like he was going to hit him.

If you were in Mr Ng’s shoes, will you be angry? Won’t you feel oppressed and insulted?

Of course I do not condone Mr Ng’s action of calling the REACH hotline to protest against his treatment, but we cannot turn a blind eye towards these external migitating circumstances which play a contributory role to his unwarranted outburst against Ms Denise Phua.

MPs and grassroots volunteers are supposed to serve the residents. They should not be conducting Meet-the-People sessions at all if they have no interest in helping distressed Singaporeans with their problems in the first place.

From Mr Ng’s statements above, it seemed that there is a lack of empathy and compassion on the part of Ms Denise Phua and her helpers.

Ms Denise Phua should be aware that no Singaporean in their right mind will spend 4 hours waiting to see her if he does not have any genuine concerns requiring her assistance.

Instead of showing care and consideration to Mr Ng, she appeared to be aloof and stuck up. Such condescending behavior is unbecoming of a public servant.

Who pay for her monthly MP allowance of $12,000 or more?

As Mr Ng has put it aptly, “Don’t forget, you just care that you have eaten enough and don’t bother whether other people are alive or dead”

What prompted Mr Ng to say such harsh words to her? Had Ms Denise Phua been more diplomatic and courteous to him, will Mr Ng be so pissed off?

More disturbing is the “sam seng” behavior of Ms Denise Phua’s helper who shouted at Mr Ng. Is this the kind of service Singaporeans are getting from their PAP MPs and grassroots leaders?

There is one mantra of the service industry - “the customer is always right“. In this case, Mr Ng is the client asking for help from her MP, a service provider. Even if Mr Ng is in the wrong, there is no need for Ms Phua’s grassroots leader to dish out such demeaning treatment to him.

Are the Resident Committees (RCs) really grassroots organizations serving the people or are they the “eyes and ears” of the ruling party to monitor us?

Now, nobody asked Denise Phua to stand for the elections to serve us. She stood on her own accord. If Ms Phua dislikes attending to “lesser mortals” like Mr Ng and listening to their endless complaints and grouses, she should quit her MP post and focus on her full-time job.

It should be an honor and not an obligation for her to be given the noble task of helping the people. She should not force herself to do something she has no passion in and neither should Singaporeans deserve MPs who treat them like some blood-sucking parasites.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
oooooops, I thot we elect the MP because they are God-like... you mean MP are to serve the people?

We elect them so they can insult us in anyway they can, condescending tones at us as if we are dummies, wait at the tables for them, makes them looks good and give them a big allowance....

they are not civil servants, MPs are civil masters, and the people are at their beck and call.....

maybe we can vote for MPs to serve us in the next GE......

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
As in the words of V from Vendetta....

"The people should not be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people"....

So who amongst you opposition think you are a V..

None so far....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
As in the words of V from Vendetta....

"The people should not be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people"....

So who amongst you opposition think you are a V..

None so far....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am also waiting for one Sg siao kia like V to challenge the Pigs!

Nah, we don't need to react the V show, too drama liao...

But we need V's ideas, given time and effort, will shape the future of Sg...

Like V so aptly put it "Ideas are bulletproof" and immortal...

No amount of bribes, threats, fear can kill it!!!

Return this land back to its people!!!

Yeah!

:biggrin:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also waiting for one Sg siao kia like V to challenge the Pigs!

Nah, we don't need to react the V show, too drama liao...

But we need V's ideas, given time and effort, will shape the future of Sg...

Like V so aptly put it "Ideas are bulletproof" and immortal...

No amount of bribes, threats, fear can kill it!!!

Return this land back to its people!!!

Yeah!

:biggrin:

I like your avatar....V for Vendetta and Vengeance...

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
oooooops, I thot we elect the MP because they are God-like... you mean MP are to serve the people?

We elect them so they can insult us in anyway they can, condescending tones at us as if we are dummies, wait at the tables for them, makes them looks good and give them a big allowance....

they are not civil servants, MPs are civil masters, and the people are at their beck and call.....

maybe we can vote for MPs to serve us in the next GE......

You mean we can choose our MPs? But theres not enough qualified Lees in singapore to fill our parliment.