• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Cases of Mindeaf Sabotaging NSFs!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Mindef must be flexible and prompt with enlistment dates
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Monday's letter by Mr Michael Lee, 'Son back from US hit by 'capacity constraint''. I too share his sentiment, as I am in the same predicament.
My son returned from Canada in June to do his national service. After he completed his medical check-up and National Physical Fitness Award (Napfa) test in July, the Ministry of Defence (Mindef) told us he would be enlisted only in February next year. This late enlistment date means he will miss his university admission in September 2011.
While talking to other parents during the Napfa test, I understood their sons face similar problems. This is neither a new nor an isolated problem and we do not understand why Mindef has not taken any steps to address it.
My wife and I both work overseas and we have written to Mindef many times to appeal to enlist our son earlier but were given the same response: The September-October intake is filled.
With the growing number of professionals working overseas, why can Mindef not make provisions to enlist this group promptly?
We have always reminded our son of his NS obligations and the rationale for doing so. However, Mindef's poor planning and unsympathetic approach have marginalised our efforts to maintain a positive attitude towards NS. I have been back for three months now and I will soon need to return to my work overseas, leaving my son alone in Singapore. This is not right.
Eric Tan

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intake full?? I tot we always shortage of soldiers?

Or massive FTs help to boost up our soldiers?

Or simply not enough instructors or defence budgets?

What's the problems? I want answers!

新加坡政府很麻烦的! 免费提供廉价劳工给他还要等!

真气人!

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mindef is being responsible here, 1 Platoon there is 1 PC/lieutenant, 1 Platoon sergent, 4 sergents and total 36 men. Too many cannot handle.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha big deal. My friend get sabo by his Unit more. He finish all his reservist last May, so should Mindef Reserve. His birthday is in June. Until now they never give him letter, sabo him go for more IPPT. This is SAF way to "what will you defend" your employability by making you go for stupid IPPT, RT sessions so that FTs can take over your job. And it is YOUR fault.

SAF Bagus!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Elites are all in Mindef's high position, so that they give other children hell so that their children will be protected !

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Intake full?? I tot we always shortage of soldiers?

Or massive FTs help to boost up our soldiers?

Or simply not enough instructors or defence budgets?

What's the problems? I want answers!

新加坡政府很麻烦的! 免费提供廉价劳工给他还要等!

真气人!

More like they need to reserve vacancies for FTrash who want to take up instant citizenship to qualify for overseas scholarships lah!