• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mom Breaks Back in 3-Storey Jump to Save Baby

Cipher

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mom Breaks Back in 3-Storey Jump to Save Baby

By Newser | Parenting – Fri, May 9, 2014 3:38 PM EDT

470_2795937.jpg

[Massachusetts woman jumped from third-floor cradling her son]

(Newser) - When a fire broke out in her apartment building Wednesday, Christina Simoes ended up trapped in a bedroom of her third-story residence with her 18-month-old son. At that point, the 23-year-old went to the window and did the only thing she could:

"I grabbed my son and I gave him a kiss," the Massachusetts woman tells MyFox Boston. "Told him I love him and then I jumped." Simoes landed on her feet but immediately collapsed because she had broken her back. But her son Cameron, whom she had cradled the entire time, was fine.

Simoes underwent a six-hour surgery, but doctors aren't sure whether she will walk again given the extensive damage to her vertebrae, reports WCVB. "It's so worth it because he's OK," says Simoes of her son. "It's amazing to see him perfectly fine and playing." Supporters moved by the story have set up a Go Fund Me page to help with medical bills. (A heroic mom last month bit off a dog's ear to save her daughter.)