• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Model pupil dies in accident

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Sep 16, 2009
Model pupil dies in accident
Family maid, who was with 9-year-old prefect, in hospital with injuries
By Teh Joo Lin

b6-1.jpg

Mindy is described as 'creative, intelligent and humble' by her teachers and classmates, who have been making cards for her family. -- PHOTOS: KEVIN LIM AND COURTESY OF THE NEO FAMILY

NINE-YEAR-OLD Mindy Neo was so excited about returning to school after the one-week break that she slept early just so she could wake up feeling fresh the next morning.

But the girl, who would have been 10 next month, never made it to class on Monday after an accident involving a van while she was crossing Buangkok Drive at about 6.45am.

The Primary 4 prefect at Punggol Primary School was flung about 20m on impact and died in hospital two hours later.

The 24-year-old Indonesian maid who was with Mindy at the time was injured and is now warded in Changi Hospital with head and back injuries.

The accident is believed to have occurred when the red van turned right from from Punggol Road into Buangkok Drive. Mindy and her maid were using the pedestrian crossing at the time, although it is not clear if the traffic lights were in their favour at the time.

Mindy's parents were distraught yesterday and her father, Mr Neo Hwee Choon, 43, was in tears when he spoke to reporters before her wake yesterday morning.

Just last month, father and daughter composed a song - 'Teachers' Day Love Song' - on a piano he bought her recently.

Mindy went on to record the tune onto CDs and presented them to her teachers on Teachers' Day. Mindy's death was also a blow to her principal, teachers and classmates, who described her as 'creative, intelligent and humble'.

Police have arrested the 63-year-old van driver on suspicion of causing death through a rash or negligent act, offences which could see him jailed for a maximum sentence of five years and fined.

The police are appealing for eyewitnesses and anyone with information should call the Traffic Police on 1800-547-1818.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Style of the story is very familiar. Must be karma visiting an ELITE's family.:biggrin:

<a href='http://www.filedropper.com/chiamseetongcannotbetrusted'>Chiam See Tong cannot be trusted.pdf (16.06 MB)</a>

25zgqa0.jpg

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a sad case..

but why driver is already arrested when they r still not sure whether the traffic lights are in whose favor?

unlike the sin ming editor, the driver in this case will never kena 1 day jail + a few k fine..:mad:

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be some ball-licker's child. The driver is always arrested. Read the above story...

"...The 58-year-old bus driver was arrested and is out on $10,000 bail, and the police are asking witnesses to call the Traffic Police on 547-1818...."

Membership has its privileges.

its a sad case..

but why driver is already arrested when they r still not sure whether the traffic lights are in whose favor?

unlike the sin ming editor, the driver in this case will never kena 1 day jail + a few k fine..:mad:

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
This old man was probably rushing to work, for that age, you cannot expect his alertness to be tip-top, especially in the morning. Now he has to be send to prison just because he is too poor to retire.:(

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Police have arrested the 63-year-old van driver on suspicion of causing death through a rash or negligent act, offences which could see him jailed for a maximum sentence of five years and fined.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
the driver do not qualify for the dunno wat life annuity scheme. but at least now he is assured of free meals in a resort :o.

Long live the old people who still need to work.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My heart aches every time I read this type of news. So sad and tragic. Another young life snuffed out just like that. Can the driver sleep well at night? Why need to be in such a rush! For goodness sake, she was using the pedestrian crossing!:mad:

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your information, the dead Commonwealth Secondary School student with the excellent 'O' Level results was my nephew, OK.

He was an up and coming lying son of a bitch. Karma visited my sister and her family. And they dare to enrol him at my former school some more.

(If you want the details, I've written at length at Mr Wang's Says So's old blog ... I stopped visiting his blog because he's someone who has lost a ball or something like that.)

The one I pity was the driver of the bus....

My heart aches every time I read this type of news. So sad and tragic. Another young life snuffed out just like that. Can the driver sleep well at night? Why need to be in such a rush! For goodness sake, she was using the pedestrian crossing!:mad: