• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Model 'may have been taking photos' before fatal cliff fall

Lotto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Model 'may have been taking photos' before fatal cliff fall

Yahoo7 and Agencies June 9, 2014, 1:52 pm
<object id="flashObj" classid="clsid:biggrin:

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashvars="videoId=3611834442001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fau.news.yahoo.com%2Fnsw%2Fa%2F24194235%2Ffrench-student-falls-to-death-cliff-climb%2F&playerID=2513628634001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAACKW9LH8k~,A7HfECo5t7DrAeaToOVr5sEdpPjJEcCi&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" swliveconnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" height="270" width="480"></object>

cliff_fall_inline_19p9q37-19p9qa6.jpg

The body of an experienced French climber who died after falling 40 metres off a cliff in the Royal National Park south of Sydney has been recovered. Supplied

Friends are mourning a French model who fell about 40 metres to his death at the Royal National Park south of Sydney.

Student and part-time model, Fabien Ardoin, was reportedly hanging from the edge of a sandstone cliff north of Little Marley Beach while on a Sunday morning when he lost his grip.

He was bushwalking with his girlfriend and mates from Wollongong University.

Police are now investigating whether the 23-year-old was posing for photographs before the fatal fall.

"It is believed he was with a group of seven other walkers at the time of the incident, however the exact circumstances remain unclear," police said in a statement.

High winds and rough seas impeded aerial recovery efforts on Sunday afternoon, but authorities anchored abseil lines in bedrock and were able to retrieve the man's body on Sunday evening.

"About 6.30pm, officers reached the man's body and he's been brought to the top of the cliff face," police say.

The area where the Frenchman fell was away from the marked walking track.

According to Ardoin's LinkedIn profile, he was an experienced climber who had worked as an instructor at an amusement park in France.

Cliff_fall_embed.jpg

A French student has died after falling over a cliff in the Royal National Park south of Sydney. Photo: AAP

He had previously worked as a fitness model and travelled extensively, throughout Europe, Canada, China and Japan, before arriving in Australia.

"I remember when I was 12 years old and I told my parents that I wanted to travel and discover the world that surrounded me, they immediately encouraged me to do my best to succeed," he wrote online.

"When you grow up in a village, far from everything and that most of the opportunities happen in big cities, you have to do your best to leave the place where you are without forgetting your origins."

Friends have also posted tributes online.

"So sad. RIP Fabien. Fate dealt you a fatal blow yesterday. God Bless you," one person wrote on his Facebook page.

Another wrote simply: "RIP".

The NSW Police Corporate Sponsor for the safety and welfare of international students said the incident was a sad reminder of Australia's dangers.

"It was a tragedy yesterday and what comes with Australia being regarded, and we all know, as one of the most beautiful countries in the world, if we don't respect the beauty, tragedy can happen," Detective Superintendent Gavin Dengate said.

Male_model.jpg

Student and part-time model, Fabien Ardoin, was reportedly hanging from the edge of a sandstone cliff north of Little Marley Beach while on a Sunday morning when he lost his grip. Photo: Supplied

Initially reports suggested the Frenchman had dropped about 10 metres, but on Sunday evening police said "it appears the man has fallen closer to about 40 metres down the cliff face".

A report is being prepared for the coroner and investigations are continuing.

Police confirmed that his relatives in France have been informed of his death.

The University of Wollongong said staff were working with police and has offered counselling for students affected by Ardoin's death.

"We are extremely saddened to hear of the death of a University of Wollongong student in the Royal National Park yesterday and would like to express our deepest sympathies to his friends and family in Australia and overseas," the university said in a statement.