• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee says S'pore & Japan's economic recovery will be "U" shaped

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TOKYO: Singapore Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said Singapore and Japan's economic recovery will be a long "U", rather than "V" shaped.

He said this to reporters in Tokyo after meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso.

During their 40 minute meeting, they exchanged views on the difficult economic situation experienced by both countries.

Mr Lee said he expects the regional economy to pick up only after America's economic growth hits one per cent.

Mr Lee is reported to have told Mr Aso the importance of Japan to work towards raising its international position.

Minister Mentor Lee will meet political and business leaders on his five-day visit to Japan.

He is also scheduled to deliver a speech at a forum on Friday. - CNA

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like this?

| unemployment unemployment unemployment |
|unemployment unemployment unemployment |
|________________________________________
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
"M , U, V, W-shaped anything also came I got billions to burn with the banks, BRING IT ON!"

Old Fart tell Aso.

TOKYO: Singapore Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said Singapore and Japan's economic recovery will be a long "U", rather than "V" shaped.

He said this to reporters in Tokyo after meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso.

During their 40 minute meeting, they exchanged views on the difficult economic situation experienced by both countries.

Mr Lee said he expects the regional economy to pick up only after America's economic growth hits one per cent.

Mr Lee is reported to have told Mr Aso the importance of Japan to work towards raising its international position.

Minister Mentor Lee will meet political and business leaders on his five-day visit to Japan.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
svLEEKUAN_narrowweb__300x417,0.jpg

Crazy Old Man!

老不死的!!

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the long term economic growth of Singapore will taper off and hower around 1-2% as with the developed countries. 7% economic growth is unsustainable and will cause the people and financial system to burn out. If the PAP keep on insisting on high economic growth, it could be a roller coaster W instead.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
My goodness! MM has missed so many targets in recent couple of years already, I would not put all my dollars on this one! LOL!

He has said:

"Golden Period"- Recession and Unemployment!
"Oil rising to US$200 per barrel at the end of 2008" - Oil price dropped to US$50 and below, SIA and all those Power stations lost big money (millions!) in hedging at US$100 plus!
"Long Term investment by GIC and Termasek in US and European banks" - Temrmasek sold out BOA

Anymore to add? Now, U shape recover? Just hope that it wouldn't turn into L shape!

Goh Meng Seng

COW flu

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee economic recovery will be "M" shaped

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Since the bloody dummy MM said so then I believe him, the recovery will be "M" shaped since he is the MM.

:biggrin::biggrin:

M
shaped means it will struggle and spike up twice and then finally die flat.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore's GIC funds cannot jaga properly, he wants to go give other people advice!

Japan has been in a deflationary shit for a long time. So wtf he's learning from that? Maybe to reapply for Kempetai's post again when we kick him and his son and his cronies out of Singapore for good!

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya, please lah :eek::eek::eek:

Why treat old fart seriously? :cool::cool::cool:

Like the saying goes, if Ho Jinx buy, you must sell. If she sell, you must buy. Proven true by recent BOA debacle. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Old Fart has been wrong in so many things these few years. My best is his million dollar pay to attract 'world class talent'. Now our 'dose of good governance' has created the worst recession in Singapore ever. :mad::mad::mad:

If that senile shit head say U shape recover, confirm must not be U shape
. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My goodness! MM has missed so many targets in recent couple of years already, I would not put all my dollars on this one! LOL!

He has said:

"Oil rising to US$200 per barrel at the end of 2008" - Oil price dropped to US$50 and below, SIA and all those Power stations lost big money (millions!) in hedging at US$100 plus!
"Long Term investment by GIC and Termasek in US and European banks" - Temrmasek sold out BOA

Anymore to add? Now, U shape recover? Just hope that it wouldn't turn into L shape!

Goh Meng Seng

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be such a naysayer. Singapore will soon pull through and recover.

like this?

|________________________________________
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's in Japan to analise the situation.

Must be skiving lah.

In Asia he's not popular. Made enemies in LOS, Malaysia, Indonesia,..., Japanese are too polite to give him the cold shoulder & he's got long, long history of working for the Japanes army :p

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

What kind of non-value adding comment is this?

Old Man should stop embarassing sinkapore with his insights on the world economy and stick to suing the opposition

That's his greatest talent

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be skiving lah.

In Asia he's not popular. Made enemies in LOS, Malaysia, Indonesia,..., Japanese are too polite to give him the cold shoulder & he's got long, long history of working for the Japanes army :p

LOS? Laos or Los Angeles? Well generally Japanese and Koreans have an overall positive view about Singapore if you should know.

And how could he be the enemy of Indonesia when his leadership loaned generously to help Suharto, ruler and President-for-life of the people?

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

He has said:

Goh Meng Seng

u just made me pik cik again!!!!!! :biggrin:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro they are very long term forecast,like when the US $ is on par with the sing $ then oil may reach 200$

chingchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's economic prospects will most likely take a backslash shape "\".

But knowing Sinkies, there won't be any backlash for the backslash.

Flashback: Past elections 66% to PAP

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is the problem. It is not said by the other foreign leader but just another self-proclaim wayang.

Hey, hire me as your sinkie media advisor, i can make the media even better and international award winning caliber.