• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minibond: PRC got back her money woh...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She turns her poor Engrish into advantage. Not to mention that the Leegime sayang its FTrash pets?

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>1:13 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 13) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20899.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Sep 13, 2009
THE SMALL INVESTOR
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : start --></TD></TR><TR><TD>Woman traumatised by fight for full refund

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
A10-4.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Ms Lin Ling (in pink), who at the time faced the prospect of losing all her invested money, at a Speakers' Corner rally held on Oct 11 last year. -- ST FILE PHOTO
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->On Oct 11 last year, Ms Lin Ling joined hundreds at a Speakers' Corner rally in Hong Lim Park to sign a petition calling on the Government to come to the aid of investors.
The China-born Singaporean had not eaten or slept well for weeks since news broke of Lehman Brothers going bust.
She had been persuaded to move $60,000 from a fixed deposit account in Hong Leong Finance to Minibonds three months earlier.
'The Chinese have always thought the best of Singapore. Now, the behaviour of these financial institutions has completely destroyed this impression. I want them to give me back my money,' she had said angrily then.
Today, the 37-year-old mother of two primary-school kids is in better spirits, though events of the past year still haunt her.
She spent most of that time trying to recover her money by going to the Financial Industry Dispute Resolution Centre (Fidrec). 'I couldn't do many things. The whole process zapped all energy from me and I fell sick,' she said.
Earlier this year, the Fuzhou native was offered half of her original investment. 'Everyone told me, just take it. But I felt wronged. I didn't think I could never get it back, unless Singapore was a lawless country.'
She appealed, her case went to Fidrec's panel of adjudicators, and she got her $60,000 back two weeks later - minus $500 in earned interest.
It has come at a cost, though. She could not hold down a full-time job during the saga. Unable to read or write in English, she paid for her documents to be translated. She estimates she spent $5,000 trying to recover her money, which is now in a savings account in a bank.
She said: 'I try not to think about it any more. It's a lesson for myself. Don't believe banks. No more investments.'

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky she got her money back

I read the article makes me damn angry, ah gua FI sells toxic Western product to our valued PRC immigrant

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This again confirm FTrash is more important than us locals :biggrin:

All heil famiLEE

maybe docile singaporeans don't know how to fight for their rights?

relax it's just money, if you want money just get the 10x the stress and get back 10x the amount you lost..