• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Millenia Walk's arbitrary hike in carpark charges unfair

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Millenia Walk's arbitrary hike in carpark charges unfair
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Sunday, when I went to the Comex show at Suntec Convention Centre, I had to park my car in Millenia Walk as the carpark in Suntec was full.
I was shocked to see a notice printed on a sheet of A4 paper pasted at the Millenia Walk lift lobby stating that carpark charges would be increased to $3 for the first hour and $1 for every subsequent half hour from Sept 10 to 13.
The usual charges are $2 for the first two hours and $1 for every subsequent hour. Hence, the increase was quite significant.
I don't remember seeing any notice at the entrance of the carpark, which meant drivers would find out about the increased charges only after they had parked their cars (and invariably after a long search for a empty lot).
Can the management explain the above situation? From an economic point of view, a full carpark coupled with increased charges translates to higher revenue. However, to many unwitting drivers like me, this doesn't seem fair.
Alex Puah