• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Michelle: AssMRT Overcrowding No Longer Tolerable!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Good news but...: More train trips added
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT IS heartening to note from a press release by SMRT dated Oct 17 that another 112 train trips will be added on weekdays. It was also mentioned that on southbound and eastbound services, one extra train trip will be added on each between 7.15am and 7.30am.
I have observed during my daily ride on the North-South Line that waiting time for a train between 7.40am and 8.10am is five to six minutes. Generally, a southbound train is very crowded by the time it reaches Yishun station. Inevitably, commuters who want to board the train at any station after Yishun have great difficulty getting on the train. The situation is alleviated only after Orchard station but worsens again at Dhoby Ghaut station.
SMRT can do more to increase the train frequency between 7.40am and 8.10am. It launched the Lunchtime Xpress some months back, which promises commuters less than 31/2 minutes wait on weekdays between noon and 2pm at selected stations from Ang Mo Kio to Marina Bay, Outram Park and Aljunied. I hope the commendable effort by SMRT in the Lunchtime Xpress can be extended to relieve congestion in the morning rides too.
I also hope SMRT can reconsider its definition of 'morning peak hours to extend beyond 7.30am to 8.30am. In doing so, it will probably realise the need to add more train trips than were announced on Oct 17.
I do not know how much resources SMRT has put in to operate the Lunchtime Xpress and if the return on investment is justifiable. However, I hope it can recalculate the economics and explore redeploying resources from the express service to increase the number of train between 7.40am and 8.10am. The benefits to commuters would be tremendous, but I hope this will not cause any dent to SMRT's bottom line. Michelle Zhang (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060906001533AAA0V0m

Tan D <DL class=stats><DT class=member>Member since: <DD class=member>July 18, 2006 <DT class=total>Total points: <DD class=total>26853 (Level 7) </DD></DL>
  • <LI class=best>Best answer 27%
  • 5113 answers
<DL class=stats><DT>Member Since: </DT><DD>July 18, 2006 </DD><DT>Total Points: </DT><DD>26853 (Level 7) </DD><DT class=last>Points earned this week: </DT><DD class=last>0</DD></DL>

Resolved Question

Show me another »
Who is the highest paid Minister in the world?

Singapore PM & SM is getting more than 1 million Singapore dollars per annual (about USD 630,000), just wonder any part of the world, any Minister is getting more than that?
  • <ABBR title="2006-09-06 00:15:33">2 years ago</ABBR>
Report Abuse

by RENDEVOU... <DL class=stats><DT class=member>Member since: <DD class=member>September 06, 2006 <DT class=total>Total points: <DD class=total>2437 (Level 3) </DD></DL>
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Below is a comparison of salaries of Singapore's ministers with those of their counterparts in other countries:

Annual salaries of heads of government:

1. Singapore Prime Minister US$1,100,000 (S$1,958,000) a year

2. United States of America President: US$200,000

3. United Kingdom Prime Minister: US$170,556

4. Australia Prime Minister: US$137,060

Annual salaries of heads of government:

1. Singapore Minister: US$819,124

2. UK Minister: US$146,299

3. US Cabinet Secretary: US$157,000

(Source: Asian Wall Street Journal 10 Jul 2000)
  • <ABBR title="2006-09-06 18:03:10">2 years ago</ABBR>

<DL class=answer-rating><DT>Asker's Rating: </DT><DD>
rating-5.gif
</DD><DT class=desc>Asker's Comment: </DT><DD class=desc>This is crazy, right? With Singapore 4 million population, every single citizen is paying about S$0.50 per annual for the Prime Minister salary. No wonder Singapore look rich, but the citizen are poor. </DD></DL>