• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Michelin Plate 91 Fried Kway Teow Mee gets destroyed by The Food Dossier!

Les grossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
1722799057991.jpeg

Unlubed, staid and woefully bereft of wok hei, this limp-wristed twaddle happened because some cretin took an impercipient sledgehammer to culinary orthodoxy. Cockles were rubbery, prawns deader than dead, noodles stodgy, veggies.....oh seriously whatever. So much for toadying to the Health Promotion Board.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/10/91-fried-kway-teow-mee.html

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
View attachment 203625

Unlubed, staid and woefully bereft of wok hei, this limp-wristed twaddle happened because some cretin took an impercipient sledgehammer to culinary orthodoxy. Cockles were rubbery, prawns deader than dead, noodles stodgy, veggies.....oh seriously whatever. So much for toadying to the Health Promotion Board.

"Impercipient sledgehammer"? The term does not make sense to me. Is there an Engrish scholar out there who can explain what exactly the author is trying to say. Perhaps @Claire can help.

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Impercipient sledgehammer"? The term does not make sense to me. Is there an Engrish scholar out there who can explain what exactly the author is trying to say. Perhaps @Claire can help.

ze expression sound ok 2 me wat.
hez saying sum idiot messed up ze char kway tiow dish :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ze expression sound ok 2 me wat.
hez saying sum idiot messed up ze char kway tiow dish :biggrin:

"Impercipient" = Lacking perception.

A sledgehammer's job is to pulverise, destroy, reduce to rubble etc. Where does the "perception" come into play?

Does the lack of perception of the said sledgehammer mean it missed the mark? If that is the case culinary orthodoxy will remain largely intact and the result should bear some resemblance of decency.

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Impercipient" = Lacking perception.

A sledgehammer's job is to pulverise, destroy, reduce to rubble etc. Where does the "perception" come into play?

Does the lack of perception of the said sledgehammer mean it missed the mark? If that is the case culinary orthodoxy will remain largely intact and the result should bear some resemblance of decency.

it means ze imperceptive hammer anyhow whack ze dish until it becomes very unpalatable. ckt must have pork lard, lup cheong n not so much vege etc which iz all lacking here. u get ze drift.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
it means ze imperceptive hammer anyhow whack ze dish until it becomes very unpalatable. ckt must have pork lard, lup cheong n not so much vege etc which iz all lacking here. u get ze drift.

Yeah I understand that the sledgehammer destroyed the recipe and the process but it does not need to lack perception in order to do the job.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 203625

Looks ok to me. Just dump in gallons of tomato ketchup and chilly sauce will improve tge taste,