• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Michael Jackson knew 'his fate' - Ex-wife Lisa Presley

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley says Michael Jackson knew 'his fate' and feared he'd end up like Elvis

Like father, like ex-husband.

Lisa Marie Presley said Friday she was horrified by parallels between Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley's death - and said the King of Pop feared he would end up like the King.

In an extraordinary post on her MySpace page, Lisa Marie poured out her heart about her 20-month marriage to Jackson and recounted an eerie conversation they had 14 years ago.

"He stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, 'I am afraid that I am going to end up like [Elvis], the way he did,'" the 41-year-old singer wrote.

"I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that."

Elvis Presley was just 42 when he keeled over at his Memphis mansion.

The cause of death was cardiac arrest, but it was clear his years of pill-popping had contributed.

His young daughter was home at the time, and she wrote Friday in her blog that it was a sight she "never wanted to see again."

Yet she was forced to confront the "exact scenario" once again as she watched the reports of another faded superstar with a penchant for painkillers dead of cardiac arrest.

It reminded her of that long-ago talk she had with Jackson.

"I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it," she wrote.

"And the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

"A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened."

Presley, then 27, and Jackson, then 37, were secretly married in May 1994 in the Dominican Republic.

They initially denied tying the knot - and when they finally admitted it, many dismissed the union as a publicity stunt to distract from child molestation charges against Jackson.

They celebrity couple steadfastly denied it - they kissed at the MTV awards and awkwardly insisted they were indeed having sex on "Primetime Live."

No one was surprised when the marriage disintegrated fewer than two years later.

In her MySpace post, Presley broke a long silence on the matter and said the romance with Jackson was not "a sham."

"It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part," she wrote.

"Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much."

When they married, she wanted to "save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him."

It was an impossible task and she had a physical and emotional breakdown before deciding to "walk away and let his fate have him."

After the breakup, she was obsessed, then angry and, finally, indifferent.

No more.

"Any ill experience or words I have felt toward him in the past has just died inside of me along with him," she said.

"He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.

"I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now. He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be."

She said that while she and Jackson's family had all hoped to prevent a replay of her father's tragic end, she now realizes it was "inevitable" he would die the same way.

"The World is in shock," she wrote.

"Somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai..._lisa_marie_presley_says_michael_jackson.html