• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Men love her curves

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.divaasia.com/article/3755

3755.jpg

Fri, May 29, 2009
The Straits Times

Men love her curves
by Deepika Shetty

Model-turned-actress Sameera Reddy may have all the right curves now, but she once tipped the scales at 104kg.

The 27-year-old star did not shy away from talking about her weight when she spoke to Life! during the filming of Bollywood action comedy De Dana Dan here.

The vivacious 1.73m-tall actress is now 'a very healthy 64 kg' and plans to stay this way. She said she is 'perfectly at peace with her body' and will not succumb to the glamour world's penchant for size-zero frocks.

She said: 'Size zero is rubbish. I don't think shrinking to that size can make you beautiful. I know it's a cliche but beauty truly comes from within. You need to understand your body type, love it and accept the fact that some people just aren't meant to be Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss or Kareena Kapoor.'

She added with a laugh: 'Men love my curves.' The camera loves them too.

She shot to fame with a hot number in Darna Mana Hai (Getting Scared Is Forbidden, 2003) and followed it up by baring herself in Plan (2004).

Since then, she has appeared in films such as Musafir (2004), Taxi No. 9211 (2006) and Race (2007).

But none of these films was big enough to propel her towards superstardom. So she said she was thrilled to be part of director Nagesh Kukunoor's film, Yeh Hausla (This Courage).

In it, she flexes her serious acting chops, playing a village woman. To prepare for the role, she had to spend 46 days in the scorching deserts of Rajasthan with her head covered and with no make-up.

She said: 'I pleaded with Nagesh to let me use a bit of kajal to line my eyes but he would hear nothing of it.' Kajal is a type of eye pencil that gives the effect of a black eyeliner.

The role demanded that she put on a simple look and she hopes that people will focus on her acting instead.

She added: 'Much as I enjoy doing movies with substance, I like the glamorous roles too.'

This explains the cleavage-revealing, figure-hugging dresses she wears in De Dana Dan, where she plays Manpreet, the love interest of a delivery driver (Sunil Shetty).

The actress spent only a week in Singapore but felt at home. Flashing her EZ-Link card, she talked about MRT train rides, her cycling trip at East Coast Park and her brisk walks around the Esplanade.

She said: 'I can't think of any other city in the world where I feel so safe.'

This article was first published in The Straits Times.