• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Media spin to downplay anger of investors to reduce public sympathy for their plight

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
True to its atrocious journalistic standards as the 144th media in the world in terms of press freedom, The Sunday Times cleverly put another article by Gracia Chiang entitled “I walked in with my eyes open “ above its report on the Hong Lim Park rally yesterday to generate a misleading perception among the public that those investors who attended the protest may not deserve as much sympathy after all.

In the article, Sunday Times gave lop-sided prominence to TWO investors who have lost signficant sums of money through the purchase of the structure-linked products and are not lodging a complaint because they “walk in with their eyes open” while there was no write ups on the plight of the SIX HUNDRED investors present at Hong Lim Park, some of whom lost their entire life-savings. Is this what we call a fair and balanced report ?

XXXXX

To the rich elites, S$100,000 is one-sixth of a “peanut” which can be dispensed away easily without much fuss. For some people, it represents their entire life of hard work, sweat and tears, for example this couple I spoke to who ran their own provision ship for 50 years to save up S$50,000. They have never taken any holidays or traveled outside Singapore other than Malaysia in their entire lives.

This old auntie was asked to invest in the minibonds by the bank’s relationship manager promising a higher return with absolute capital protection. And in less than a year, she lost every single cent. She was planning to go for a holiday with her husband back to her hometown in Swatow, China.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/02/d...-downplay-anger-and-frustration-of-investors/